Lifestyle

Instamothers are they real?

Do you have the same feeling that all this pictures on Instagram are not real? After few days of exploring pictures I asked myself one question “What the f*ck is going on?” I don’t know, maybe is only me but this pictures are too perfect. Or maybe people who doing such a brilliant pics are millionaires and have dozens of nannies.

inst-real-life

Perfect make-up, perfect (clean) clothes, nice hair, beautiful nails, as I know, are not the new Mummies (in fact every Mummies:P) attributes. To be honest with you I even forgot how to do make up:D I just don’t bother and I don’t care if someone will see my face without mascara on my lashes or lipstick on my lips. You know natural beauty is very stylish nowadays:D (I will be not lying simple I don’t have time:D). Do you use polish nail? (You should see my face right now). My nails are very short (probably not in nice shape) because I don’t want to accidentally scratch my baby’s delicate skin. Perfect hair? I just only wash them every two days and that’s it. Anyway how they have time for that perfect look? And photoshoots? Probably is taking a lot of time as well.

insta

Of course I’m not dirty, messy or so on. But I’m not the Miss of All Mums. I think that most of us are quiet tidy but we don’t spend whole bunch of times on making our amazing look. I want to look pretty for my husband and that one thing I can do. Obviously in our bedroom when our little one is already in beautiful Dreamland. No I don’t always look sexy at night sometimes I look like zombie and I just want to sleep till next morning. OK not sometimes- most of the time. But I’m a MOTHER and that should explain everything.

I didn’t want to put on weight too much so I was trying to eat healthy food and walk a lot. Obviously I didn’t do many exercises because I didn’t feel well and I had anemia so I was feeling dizzy very often. Also I was tired as hell. I know that ages ago women was working in a field during pregnancy but I’ve always thought that lifting heavy things is not safe. So how the f*ck they showing me a FitMumma which lifting a barbells? Yes pregnancy is not an illness but doing everything to not loose your nice body shape? Not for me I preferred to take care of myself and especially that treasure inside me.

insta1

But nothing more pissing me off then all FitMummas who after two weeks look like Victoria’s Secret Models. What the heck! I’m struggle with my 5 kg and my boy is 5 month now. I don’t want to offend anyone but did they eat during pregnancy? Or maybe they did exercises every day? For me lifting my hand was quite big achievement.

After being on Instagram for 3 or 4 weeks now I realized that I will never have a thousand followers. I don’t have pretty pictures. I don’t show the perfect life. I don’t have such a pretty clothes, hair, nails, lips, bed sheets (?!). Yes bed sheets are very nice picture’s background as I noticed:P But I have my lovely family which is perfect for me and not always in beautiful scenery.

insta2

How is with you my lovely Mummies? Are you spending whole time to take thousand of shots and pick the best one? What do you think about all this perfect Mum’s accounts? They have thousands of followers but is it really so important?

This post first appeared on www.meetothermums.com

Diary of an imperfect mum

Twin Mummy and Daddy

• Reply Catie (An Imperfect Mum)

I understand where you are coming from and I am guilty of only using my ‘best’ shots on IG. There is nothing Real or indeed Instant about IG. Thank you for linking up to #ablogginggoodtime

21 October 2016 at 21:40
  • Reply David Lee

Hahaha those are greatness! I have four kids and real life is DEFINITELY like that.

21 October 2016 at 22:29
  • Reply Ellen

I am with you, I can’t even aspire to those amazing insta feeds – I wouldn’t know where to start and none of our furniture or furnishings are white And really the last thing I worried about when pregnant or with a young baby is having good muscles or being fit! I like showing cute photos of my kid and the things we’ve been up to but they certainly aren’t perfect! #ablogginggoodtime

21 October 2016 at 22:34

oh yes I forgot about white furniture:D of course perfectly clean without baby’s hands:D

22 October 2016 at 20:29
  • Reply ablondeandababy

I totally agree Instagram is just a snapshot of what people want everyone else to see but is noway real life! I do love a filter to make me look less zombie mummy and more half way acceptable mummy! #ThatFridayLinky

21 October 2016 at 22:43
  • Reply Rose

Great post. I wonder how many people think the same way. I do agree with you. I am a mom blogger and most of my pictures are far from perfect. I turn my craft so you possibly see the good side. Sometimes my dinner shots do not have the best light. They are definitely not all the same pretty match color or all one specific thing. I’m a mom and post a little bit of everything. A makeup shot when I think I’m hot (which isn’t often), I can squeeze painted nails in maybe monthly! I would like to think all my nature shots are awesome, lol but that’s not what my focus is. I think we real mom’s need to keep it going and just be ourselves! Posting away good bad and ugly. Random shots. Let’s start a challenge or duo of what’s your biggest mess right now!

22 October 2016 at 03:49

haha yes I could win that challenge:P

22 October 2016 at 20:28
  • Reply Nicole

When I first started my account it was real life. Then as I started to blog more it became more “polished” but that took so much of the fun out of Instagram (and I really enjoy that platform…at least I use to). I’m now starting to get back to posting what I want without feeling like I, my house, kids, etc. have to be perfect/in place. Yeah, there are still a few posts that are “staged”, if you will, but they’re making less and less of an appearance.

Also, I’m 4 months postpartum and still have a ways to go before I lost all of this “baby weight”. I ate well and gained 42 lbs with this pregnancy (44 with my last). I lost the weight with my first and feel confident that I’ll have no problem losing it this go round. But just like with my first it will take time. It took me 9 months to gain all that weight, after all…so I need at least that much time or more to lose it. At least that’s how I’m thinking about it

22 October 2016 at 04:44

Yes I think it should be fun but if you taking 10000 shots to get one perfect is not worth it

22 October 2016 at 20:27
  • Reply Cricket Plunkett

This is hilarious! I definitely agree!

22 October 2016 at 19:42
  • Reply Internationalcaty

Ha…. definitely agree. The people on IG looks too perfect. Great article

22 October 2016 at 19:52
  • Reply Heather Denniston

This is sooo true. Who the HAELLLL jogs in a bikini pushing a stroller?

22 October 2016 at 20:23

Haha, this is true. I prefer people who include the not so glamorous photos, personally. I have a mixture! Life isn’t perfect after all.

22 October 2016 at 21:40
  • Reply Sasha

I absolutely LOVE how honest and true this is. I think every mom has had this issue – where we are so consumed with InstaMoms that we forget that we are normal! Great piece!

22 October 2016 at 22:31
  • Reply Nellwyn

What we see on social media is definitely pretty far from reality a lot of the time! I try and remember that for every perfect photo I see on Instagram, that person probably has tons and tons of rejected photos they didn’t think were “good enough” to post.

23 October 2016 at 02:10

I don’t have time for such a long selection:D

24 October 2016 at 12:15
  • Reply Shani | Sunshine & Munchkins

This is so true! I actually really like the Instagram Stories because as perfect as the photos might be, the stories tend to show more about the person behind the account.

23 October 2016 at 02:49

I agree in 100% 🙂

24 October 2016 at 12:15
  • Reply Nige

I think we are all a bit guilty of posting only the best pictures great post Thanks for linking to the #THAT FRIDAY LINKY come back next week please

23 October 2016 at 08:25
  • Reply Yosh

haha so true.
    I sometimes feel peer pressure of taking a pefrct photo of my children FOR Instagram as well… how silly. But sometimes a picture that looks pretty makes me feel better about some stress in life too… so it just needs balance 😉
    Thanks foe sharing an interesting post 🙂
    #thatfridaylinky

23 October 2016 at 08:56

24 October 2016 at 12:14
  • Reply Lou Lou Girls

I loved this!

23 October 2016 at 16:45
  • Reply Ruxandra

I think that if you show your true self and real life situations, you will definitely have a growing audience of mom who feel just like you 😀

23 October 2016 at 18:54
  • Reply Sheree

Sigh, this is how I feel about other lifestyle bloggers and their photos haha.

23 October 2016 at 19:26
  • Reply Emily

Instagram is great for ‘nosing’ into the lives of others, but most of what I see is staged or taken seconds before or after a tantrum! Thanks for joining in with #ThatFridayLinky

23 October 2016 at 20:13
  • Reply Laure

Instagram is not real, or at least that’s how it has become. That’s true for moms, but also for fashion, beauty, home decor, etc… The images are artfully staged and edited to look very appealing, but that’s just not how real life looks like. Most of the popular instagram feeds look like magazines, not like they belong to real people.

23 October 2016 at 21:57

that’s true honestly I don’t have time to take 1000 shots and I don’t give a f*ck 😛

24 October 2016 at 20:38
  • Reply Katrina Honer

I actually don’t like IG account that look “too perfect.” As a social media specialist, I already how many are staged pr how much work can go into just one photo. I like to see a bit of personality on people’s feeds. Sure a perfect looking feed is aesthetically pleasing but candid shots convey so much more!

23 October 2016 at 22:48

I agree but I’m a little bit suspicious if all pictures are too perfect;p

24 October 2016 at 12:13
  • Reply Agnes

Totally agree about instagram, It makes people appear to have perfect lives but I have learnt to just do me and not compare myself to others.

24 October 2016 at 01:08

I’m doing the same 🙂

24 October 2016 at 12:12
  • Reply Shelby Bromley

Great post and great points!

24 October 2016 at 01:19
  • Reply blessing boamah

I’ve noticed that too and not just from the mom’s standpoint but in general. I’ll try to be the mom who exercises once or twice a week or get my steps in for the day. Though I know it’s easier said than done.

24 October 2016 at 03:50

Finger crossed! 🙂

24 October 2016 at 12:12
  • Reply Lactating Mom

true. I also had the same question. I investigated a bit and I found out that almost 100% of the time it’s a charade. These moms are mostly professional fitness trainers, models or stylists. For them looking good or atleast looking good in the photos is a part of their job or shall I say, it’s their job. They sell their image, products, clothes, make up and courses by showing their glam side. They have a team or they spend money to ensure they look good.

24 October 2016 at 09:39

Yes probably you are right. You can see that they not doing this pictures by themselves

24 October 2016 at 12:11
  • Reply Lizzy

So true!! I hate how the “perfection” of these photos has become the standard. I try to only follow the genuine, REAL people!

24 October 2016 at 15:59
  • Reply Janine Good

I wonder sometimes about how recent some pictures are on IG. I don’t tend to post photos of myself and prefer landscapes and landmarks.

24 October 2016 at 16:20
  • Reply Sassy

Great read, love this!

24 October 2016 at 17:29
  • Reply andrea

LMAO so freaking true. even with the filters,I look like a hot mess. Thanks for levity very much needed these days.

24 October 2016 at 19:21
  • Reply Heather

I rarely ever take pics of myself, but definitely do of my kids. I usually don’t have time for more than one try though, they move too fast!

24 October 2016 at 19:58
  • Reply Joyce

I’m a mom of 4 and at this point, don’t give a rat’s ass about looking perfectly manicured. Never have really. Of course I’m clean, with clean clothes. But I don’t have time to do my nails, make-up or look like I just stepped out of a salon. Heck, I can’t take a shit without one of my kids interrupting. Lol. I don’t do selfies cause I’m naturally camera shy. In the end, to each his own. Everyone does something to make themselves feel good. Kudos to the moms who have the time to look like they belong on the cover of a magazine.

24 October 2016 at 20:25

Oh I hate being on the photos as well:D I think they have people who take care of their image:D

24 October 2016 at 20:40
  • Reply Shane

Loved this! So raw and real… Even for me not as a mommy, some of my travel pics aren’t as glamorous as they appear behind the scenes

25 October 2016 at 00:20
  • Reply Dawn McAlexander

I think I upset the people who travel with me because I take so many pictures of the same thing. I am looking to get the perfect shot. My thinking is that if I don’t then no one will like them and I am a failure at my job as a social media expert.

25 October 2016 at 02:27
  • Reply Gryselle Mae

I have followed a couple of instagrammers who looks so perfect, and I was surprised to find out that most of them are in fact mothers! I was told that women gains weight after pregnancy, but their photos doesn’t show even an ouncec of fats in them!

25 October 2016 at 13:31
  • Reply michenn

Interesting read, will definitely keep to read again when I’m a mother!

25 October 2016 at 14:53
  • Reply cheryl

Instagram is the new Pinterest. I’m surprised we haven’t seen more Instagram fails yet 🙂

27 October 2016 at 21:09
  • Reply Michael

It’s so true though! So many people pose for things that are not real…

28 October 2016 at 18:01

unfortunately there is a lot of people like that

29 October 2016 at 11:24