10 questions You Should Never ask a (New) Mom

We’ve always wanted to keep our pregnancy for ourselves. For us it is an intimate and delicate matter. That’s why I kept it in secret till 6 months. I would love to keep it till 9 months but it wasn’t possible. Our boy was growing so my bump as well 🙂 Anyway I did that because I didn’t want to hear all this irritating questions. Also it was too much for me if someone wanted to touch MY bump. I was thinking: My pregnancy, my bump my rules! Unfortunately not everyone followed them.

pregnant-1597889_1280

So for that 3 months when every one know about my pregnancy I heard so many too personal, stupid and rude questions. I was really tired of it and I didn’t want to go to work because of that. I thought that after giving birth they will stop asking but it was even worst. That’s why I decided to do a list of 10 question You Should Never ask a (New) Mom. So take a moment to sit back, relax, drink coffee (wine) and read my list!

1. Are you breastfeeding?
act-841501_1280

I don’t know like you but I hate that question. If you read my previous posts you know that I wanted to breastfeed but unfortunately I wasn’t able to do that. Anyway I don’t see anything wrong in formula and bottle feeding. But every time when I was answering on this question I saw people’s faces and I knew they wanted to say: ‘How the fuck you don’t breastfeed? Oh My God! go to hell’.

2. Is he sleeping through the night?
baby-1538342_960_720

This one is real pain in the ass as well. Now my biggest dream is to get a nice sleep. But my son is quite stubborn baby and he is waking up once, which is not so bad. Anyway as most Mom I’m sleep deprived. And in my opinion you just need to look at me to know that I don’t sleep well so why the Fck you asking me about it?

3. Did you have a natural birth or c section?
Why people want to know it? It is so private and if I would like to share it I would tell you. That’s it end of conversation. Period.

4. When you will try for a next one?
Seriously? Really? I’m too busy to handle with this one so I even didn’t think about it you silly person. Any other mother was thinking about it right after birth?

5. How much weight did you gain?
belly-2354_1280

Ekhm! I even don’t know how to respond. It’s my f*cking business. For 9 months probably I gained a lot and I want to loose it (desperately) so it’s quite harsh question. I’m a woman you don’t ask us about it.

6. Do you wear your pre-pregnancy clothes?
Oh yes of course! I gave a birth and put on my skinny jeans. What? You don’t believe me? So why you asking? To be honest that question you can only hear from another woman (which probably is a mother and she thinks it’s some kind of competition which one loose the weight faster).

7. Are you happy that it’s a boy/girl?
When people was asking me if it’s a boy or girls and I was answering a boy they always was saying ‘wow your husband needs to be so happy’. Am…I believe that would be happy with a baby girl as same as with baby boy. We wanted a baby and the only what we prayed about was healthy baby. I don’t know why some people don’t understand that.

8. Are you tired?
bed-945881_1280

Hmmm…let me think. YES, I’AM EXHAUSTED. TIRED. I have no energy. But I’m happy. Of course most of the days I’m crying but I’m happy. That’s what I always wanted.

9. Are you planning to go back to work?
Do you want to pay my bills? Of course I’m planning to go back to work because I need to. I would love to stay with my boy till his 2nd birthday but I will go back before his 9th months ;( It’s making me sad so stop asking about it. I even don’t want to think about work right now.

And now time for one of my favorite.

10. How is your sex now?
couple-731890_1280

If anyone will ask you about it please do not answer. OK if it’s your best friend, sister and you really want to share it with them go ahead. But other people shouldn’t even think about you having a sex. Maybe there are some exhibitionist but definitely I’m not that person.

Did someone ask you about one of this questions? Or maybe you can share some different ones? I can’t wait to see your comments 🙂

3 Little Buttons
Keep Calm and Carry On Linking Sunday
Petite Pudding
Mummascribbles
My Random Musings

Diary of an imperfect mum

Two Tiny Hands

• Reply Catie (An Imperfect Mum)

Oh yes I have heard a few of those. I think sometimes people just don’t really know what to say and then end up putting their foot in it. But I wouldn’t answer personal questions either. Thank you for linking up to #EatSleepBlogRT

1 November 2016 at 15:33

3 November 2016 at 20:27
  • Reply Ky

Yep definitely heard most, if not all of them afterwards. Some of them are so personal I wouldn’t dream of asking anyone them but for some reason people think it’s fine to ask a new mum. #dreamteam

1 November 2016 at 16:48

That’s true I don’t understand why they think that.

3 November 2016 at 20:26
  • Reply Dad

Thanks for sharing this. Even as the dad I had to face some of these questions. Perhaps we need to think of a list of 10 questions to ask new parents. I’d nominate “can I bring you food?” as number 1! #EatSleepBlogRT

1 November 2016 at 18:40

good one but I have better one ‘Can I take care of your baby for whole day?’:P

1 November 2016 at 22:22
  • Reply Tracey Bowden

I hate these questions. I usually ended up crafting some sarcastic witty remark in my head then smiled and gave a ‘nice’ reply instead lol people are so nosey sometimes #kcacols

2 November 2016 at 10:37

I’m doing the same I think I will start writing down everything what I’m saying in my head:D

3 November 2016 at 20:24
  • Reply Kimberley | Oh Just My Little Blog

I can see why these questions would bother you, they’re so personal and intrusive! x #KCACOLS

3 November 2016 at 07:00

They really are and people really ask that questions

3 November 2016 at 20:23
  • Reply Shinners and the Brood

Lol. So true. I’m always shocked the the fact that people think it’s ok to ask massively inappropriate questions just because a) you are pregnant or b) you’ve just had a baby. This list is bang on too! #KCACOLS

3 November 2016 at 11:51

3 November 2016 at 20:22
  • Reply Nicole | The Professional Mom Project

I totally agree with you. People are so nosey. It’s none of their business how much weight you gained or whether you plan to have more children. Jeez… #KCACOLS

3 November 2016 at 18:33

You even do not realize how many mosey people are out there:P

3 November 2016 at 20:22
  • Reply Josefine

Yup I’ve been asked every single one of those, and most of them where close to strangers to me!!! But I guess people just can’t help themselves. #familyfun

3 November 2016 at 20:08

They can’t! unfortunately:/ it’s really creepy when strangers asking you about all this things

3 November 2016 at 20:29
  • Reply Julie Maloney

Are you tired! HA! My kids are 8 & 11 and I’m still tired! It’s been a long time but I’m thinking I was asked every question.

3 November 2016 at 21:42

I agree with these. I hate the “Are you tired?” question. Well, duh!

3 November 2016 at 23:52
  • Reply Jenn @ Mad Mommy

This resonates with me so much, I hear nearly all these questions all the time and I just want to scream .#KCACOLS

4 November 2016 at 02:57
  • Reply Mihaela Echols

Oh my gosh people are so nosey. As soon as my husband and I got married everyone was asking when are we going to have kids. It’s so rediculous. Who cares if I’m not gonna breast feed and why? Why do they ask the obvious or the most awkward ones. Like the sex one. I’ve told people that my sex life is not a topic to ever bring up, and people have actually gotten offended by that. Their problem not mine.

4 November 2016 at 05:35
  • Reply Cait Weingartner

You are so right about this. People need to be more respectful and and recognize that these personal things are none of their business!

4 November 2016 at 05:53
  • Reply DogVills

I think we should learn how to manage our own business so we will never piss off somebody, I know the feels.

4 November 2016 at 15:21
  • Reply Lou Lou Girls

I love this!

4 November 2016 at 15:59
  • Reply Ellie

Definitely an interesting post. There are some very personal and nosey questions on this list that nobody should ever ask but some like the “is s/he sleeping through the night?” Doesn’t seem so bad I know my niece did and then my nephew didn’t. I think most times people probably ask just out of curiosity and not to be rude but because you have a newborn baby so they probably don’t know what else to ask and they don’t want to avoid asking about your baby at all. 🙂

4 November 2016 at 19:29
  • Reply Nicky

Great tips and post! Thank you for sharing!

4 November 2016 at 21:24
  • Reply Jennifer L

I have a lot of friends who have children so i know to avoid asking questions that are too intrusive unless they want to share.

5 November 2016 at 07:10
  • Reply DT

So true… I have heard almost all of them being asked to my friends/relatives when they had their babies. Somehow people start thinking it’s all in public domain!

— DT | Here I Scribble

5 November 2016 at 07:11
  • Reply aziel morte

Hahahaha! It’s true! Most of this question has been asked to me! And Sometimes i want to answer it in a sarcastic way haha 🙂 I enjoyed this post thanks for this

5 November 2016 at 08:02
  • Reply Crystal Gard

This is a great list of what not to ask

5 November 2016 at 17:36
  • Reply Bill S

It is amazing what people will ask when they find out that you are expecting or are parents!! Love this list and congrats on your son!

6 November 2016 at 00:47
  • Reply Karen : TwoTinyHands

Is he sleeping through is one of the most annoying ones really. Always always answer no! I carry my son quite a lot and I often get asked oh is he heavy? I find that annoying. Thanks for linking up to #familyfun

6 November 2016 at 15:58
  • Reply tammymum

HA yes lots of these are annoying. I know most of the time people mean well but still it just bugs. We kept (both) our pregnancies a secret for quite a while too and I loved it. I think the sleeping one takes first place for me. I had an up every hour baby and I swear I could have cried overtime some asked me – especially if they preceded to tell me how well their 3 week old slept or worse that their 5 year old still doesn’t sleep! aargh. Thanks for sharing with us at #FamilyFun

6 November 2016 at 20:09
  • Reply Carol Cassara

I’m not a mom but I definitely would never ask a new mom these questions. It’s really insensitive and they’re already going through a lot of changes!

7 November 2016 at 16:22
  • Reply Lisa (mummascribbles)

I am so with you on all of these!! It is so frustrating getting asked time and time again! Thanks for linking up with #TwinklyTuesday

7 November 2016 at 19:54
  • Reply Annette, 3 Little Buttons

Haha! Some no-no’s in there for sure. It’s funny how as soon as you have a baby, everyone thinks it’s ok to ask these type of questions. Thank you for sharing with the #DreamTeam

7 November 2016 at 20:38
  • Reply Elizabeth O.

I’ve been asked these questions when I was pregnant with the twins, some are tolerable and some are just plain insensitive. This is why it’s important to put yourself in the person’s shoes so to speak.

8 November 2016 at 08:19
  • Reply Mummy in a TuTu (@mummyinatutu)

Oh yeah its ridiculous isn’t it?! You get pregnant and have a baby and all personal boundaries are removed somehow!!
    Thanks for linking to #ablogginggoodtime