What I’ve learned (during 6 months) about being Mum
I’ve always wanted to be a parent. That was one of my dream which comes true. Of course it’s a real full-time job and as I wrote in one of my latest post it’s the hardest one. But absolutely I would never wanted to change my life. I feel fulfilled and I’m the happiest woman on the earth.
I’m fully satisfied in my life as being a Mum. There are definitely hundreds things I’ve learned during that time, but I created a list of the top ones.
1. Baby wipes are your best friend. They doing the dirtiest job for you and you will need gazillion of them. (So now I’m waving to any brand who would send me some for review:D)
2. When you think that you figure out your baby, on another day he is like completely different type of your cutie baby. You need to remember that you are not able to know what he will do, how he will behave etc.
3. Snuggle, hugs, kisses are the best moment of the day. Don’t worry that you will spoil your child. One day he will be embarrassed to take your hand during walk. So take everything what he is giving right now 😉
4. Sleepless nights are something what you need to use to. Sleep is a luxury for every Mum. (I’m just telling to myself that sleep is for weak people:D)
5. Feel depressed? You are not the only one. It’s not the shame so do not hesitate to ask for help.
6. Coffee means so much for Mums. Although you need to start like the cold one. I’ve learned that when I want to drink it or eat something my son starting behave as a little monster.
7. If you fail please don’t afraid to say I’m sorry to your child. Doesn’t matter how old he is. I think I say it almost every day (don’t worry he is fine :D)
8. My arms have the healing power. That’s the only place where your baby can feel comfortable and safe no matter what.
9. Before I didn’t know that I’m so patient person. Yes, my son is 6 months but he already loves to test me.
10. ‘If mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy’. It’s really true. When I was stressed or unhappy my baby was irritated and he seemed to cry more often. So try to relax after hard day (even 20 minutes in bath can works for you)
11. Don’t worry if your house is not perfectly clean. You didn’t have time to cook something? It’s not the end of the world.
12. Remember that your baby has a Daddy as well. You can take some free time for yourself.
13. Day doesn’t need to have 24 hours. Sometimes I feel it’s double of that time.
14. Don’t buy too many thing for your little one. I bet that all of your friends, family members etc will bring presents for him when they will visit you. I have so many clothes for my son that a lot of them he wore only once or never.
15. Your baby doesn’t need to be a ‘problem’ if you want to go out somewhere or go abroad for holiday. Our son likes airplane and he is very lovely baby during flight. It’s not a shame to go out with baby to restaurant or for shopping (maybe I will change my mind when he will be a proper toddler:D)
16. Don’t be too harsh for your body. Remember who lived there for 9 months. Give a time to yourself. Don’t waste your time for moaning on your new look. Better to spend that time with your little one. They’re growing so fast:(
17. Before you becoming a Mum you can’t understand what is real love. Of course I love my husband from the moon and back but it’s different love than to my baby.
18. There is nothing what can break me. I believe that all Mothers are the most powerful people in the world. We give a birth so what can beat it?
19. Teething sucks!
20. Finally: You are a MOTHER and your life will never be the same. It doesn’t mean it’s worst. I bet you have the best time in your life right now. (Maybe you don’t know it yet but you will)
I think I will be doing lists like that every couple of months. I will be reading it if I will have worst day to remind myself that it’s worth it 🙂 Please feel free to share in comments what did you learn as a Mother.