Lifestyle

First letter to my tummy;)

For the last couple of months I was really bad for you. I know that I’m moaning all the time that you are bigger now. I don’t like your shape anymore. I hate that you are not flat anymore. That’s why I’m torture you with everyday exercises. That workouts are really hard. I feel pain so probably you feel them as well. I repeated to myself that it is for our own good.

girl-414378_1280

It Is not because I don’t like you. I take care of you. I really do. I’m using best cosmetics to firm your skin. During bath I’m giving you a massage. I need to admit that you are starting to look better. I hope that all my effort will make you beautiful again. I’m doing that because I want to prepare you for next pregnancy. Of course we have couple of years for that but I know it need to take a time.

belly-2473_1280

I would like to tell you that you are very important for me. When I’m think about you I’m quite emotional. For nine months you were like a garden for the most beautiful and precious flower-my son. I will be eternally grateful to you. He could grow in you without any problems. Every day he was bigger and bigger and what most important he was healthy. I have no doubt that it was because of you. You was able to keep him inside for 41 weeks and 5 days.

I know for sure that I love you. You were my baby’s home and now you are a place where he loves to sleep. He loves to touching you with his cute little hands. Also I’m glad that you don’t have any stretch marks. You don’t even look so bad because I saw worst tummies after 9 months of pregnancy. I’m just want to be prepared for having another flower. We need to be in good shape. I’m sure that you understand me. I bet that you want to look good in bikini. So we need to work together. You didn’t disappoint me and my son so I will do the same for you.

girl-358768_1280

Let me know what do you think about your post pregnancy tummies?

Mummascribbles
A Cornish Mum

3 Little Buttons
My Random Musings
One Messy Mama
Best of Worst
Two Tiny Hands

• Reply Brandi with Big Fit Fam

Post baby tummies are rough! I have had 5 children and each time i struggle more with my post-natal self and try harder to get that squishy thing back in shape. I have managed to do each time, but it is a struggle…and now i realize that after five stretchings my tummy will never get back to it’s super flat early 20’s self…I”m in great shape but there just a tad extra skin that bothers me and my uterus being stretched a bit bigger makes it impossible for my tummy to have it’s college luster. LOL. such is life. i guess it’s a trade off for all these great babies!

15 November 2016 at 14:42
  • Reply Sarah Howe

Ah I’m working on mine too! I’m 7 weeks post my second baby and getting there! Hard work but you’ll do it! Xx #twinklytuesday

15 November 2016 at 18:42
  • Reply Fatima Zehra

Such a lovely post! I am sure you’ll get back to your former self πŸ™‚

16 November 2016 at 14:18
  • Reply Julie

I try to stay focused on all the things my body can do and achieve. Growing a baby is no small feat!

16 November 2016 at 15:19
  • Reply Melly C

I was so happy the whole time that I didn’t have any stretchmarks but then suddenly in the 9th month they all appeared!! Strechmarks will always stay but gotta work on the extra skin and belly fat

16 November 2016 at 16:53
  • Reply Sonya Kolodziejska

What a ‘keeping it real’ post. Would have loved to see a tummy like this pictured though and not the skinny women in this post.

16 November 2016 at 18:27
  • Reply Mihaela Echols

I love how your turned this into a letter to your tummy. I’m working on mine but eating right and exercising. I found these really cool work outs you that are good for you and your baby!

16 November 2016 at 19:55
  • Reply Mary Barham

I LOVE this…. I feel the exact same way about your tummy….. everyday I look at it with disgust hoping it will get better!
    THEFOREVERTEACHER

16 November 2016 at 20:40
  • Reply Katrina Jean Carter

I don’t have kids yet so I don’t know much about post-pregnancy tummies but I will say this, I know a lot of women who looked even better after pregnancy by choosing to take that step to workout and take care of themselves. I see that you are doing that so Kudos, hunny! You will love it even more after I’m sure–just keep going <3

16 November 2016 at 21:31

Thanks girl! πŸ™‚ I’m keep going

16 November 2016 at 22:28
  • Reply Mindful Mummy Mission

Mmmm – I am so busy I tend not to think about my tum too much but when I do I do vow to try and be better at eating less crap etc. However, I have to remember it did carry 2 baby girls, 2 placentas and all that comes with being pregnant with twins for 38 weeks so I should really be in awe of my body too – thanks for the reminder. #familyfun

16 November 2016 at 22:46
  • Reply Mimi Rose & Me

It can be very tough. But you seem very focused and I’m sure that you will feel back to yourself soon. In the meantime you have to love all the new parts of you. #BestAndWorst

16 November 2016 at 22:48
  • Reply Jill Conyers

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings. I’m sure it will be helpful and supportive for many.

16 November 2016 at 23:10

This is great! It can be difficult after you give birth. I wish I had a flat tummy again. Maybe someday!

17 November 2016 at 02:13
  • Reply Rain

i thought you were writing a letter to your baby but, it’s an actual letter to your stomach…lol. you’ll spring back in no time. πŸ˜€

17 November 2016 at 03:11

I hope so! thanks for popping in

20 November 2016 at 16:50
  • Reply Jen

After 4 babies, my tummy will never be the same. Although, personally I will never be the same either. So I guess we match πŸ™‚ My tummy and I.

Lovely post. Our tummy does do a very special job for those 9 months. Best we try and take care of it for sure!

17 November 2016 at 03:16

thank you that you find a time to read it and your comment:)

20 November 2016 at 16:49
  • Reply SamM Travels

It’s really hard work! Keep focussed and you will get there!

17 November 2016 at 04:53

20 November 2016 at 16:48
  • Reply Ellie

So many new Mum’s feel pressure from other women and he media to be back in shape immediately after birth but taking your own time and enjoying your new baby and Family is so much more important. Great post!

17 November 2016 at 05:07

I don’t care what media saying and showing because I know that I’m not a super star and I will not loose everything after 2 weeks

20 November 2016 at 16:48
  • Reply Mackenzie Glanville

I was really proud of my pregnant belly, after miscarriages I was feeling like my body was failing me, so after finally delivering a healthy baby girl I really enjoyed my body more than ever. I was lucky not to get stretch marks either. Yes after 3 kids my tummy is no where near as flat or tight as it was, but really I am Ok with it. #familyfun

17 November 2016 at 08:42

Happy to hear that you are OK with your tummy especially that you grow there lovely girl

20 November 2016 at 16:46
  • Reply Mackenzie Glanville

popping back from #twinklyTuesday

17 November 2016 at 08:43
  • Reply Carol Cassara

I’ve been working on mine for years. I failed and it was only recently that I have learned to love my big tummy.

17 November 2016 at 08:56

it’s good that you start love it and it doesn’t bother you anymore:)

20 November 2016 at 16:45
  • Reply Enricoh Alfonzo

hahaha this is such a unique and creative post. I love it. Never read anything where someone talks to their tummy. great read.

17 November 2016 at 12:01

20 November 2016 at 16:44
  • Reply Amie

I hate my post baby belly, I wasn’t particularly fond of it before but I’m too lazy to exercise at the minute. With the 4mo still not sleeping well I’m just too tired for exercise #DreamTeam

17 November 2016 at 12:20

I’m still not sleeping well with my 7 month old:( but I decided that I need to do something for myself as well I hope you will find time for it:)

20 November 2016 at 16:41
  • Reply Mummy and Monkeys

Having had three full term pregnancies my tummy has seen better days! Thanks for linking to #PickNMix

17 November 2016 at 12:27

thanks for stopping by

20 November 2016 at 16:36
  • Reply Jimmy and Tina

was very lucky, no stretch marks and generally bounce back into shape, worst is having scar from c section

17 November 2016 at 12:41

every woman have some marks after pregnancy but it’s worth it:)

20 November 2016 at 16:35
  • Reply Stephanie Jeannot

Awww! That was beautiful. I really love this. I have yet to experience this but, I get it. This was so creatively written.

17 November 2016 at 14:54

20 November 2016 at 16:34
  • Reply Amanda

Aw this was sweet! I just recently had a baby boy as well! While i had a tummy to begin with, it’s definitely different now and I’m slowly accepting it because it gave me my son, it kept him safe and brought him into this world beautifully, though it may not have been perfect.

17 November 2016 at 22:45
  • Reply Ana Ojha

What a beautiful post! And don’t worry you’ll get back in shape in no time. The most important thing is to stay healthy and fat, even if you’ve some curves!

17 November 2016 at 23:19
  • Reply Elizabeth O.

I’d love to get my tummy back from before I had the twins. So I made sure that I ate right and that I was more active. It got smaller and smaller eventually but it wasn’t an easy task, it really took time.

18 November 2016 at 01:21

You know what’s worst? I want everything right now:D

20 November 2016 at 16:34
  • Reply Bismah

I didn’t have much of a post pregnancy tummy and it wasn’t long before it went back down. I am on the go so much even was during my pregnancies so I guess that is why.

18 November 2016 at 13:25

I thought that I was on the go:D till 5 months I didn’t put on weight even 1lbs so I don’t know how it happen

20 November 2016 at 16:31
  • Reply Carolina Twin Mom / Mary Peterson

I have had a love/hate relationship with my tummy. I LOVED being pregnant with my twins. I gained 55 lbs and strutted around naked like I was on stage with a pole. Now after delivery, ehhhh….not so crazy about the tummy. No bikinis for me! It’s rough on a woman’s body when she’s a stone’s throw away from 38 to gain and lose that amount of weight in that short period of time. The elasticity is just not there! Having said that, I am proud of the “job” my tummy did too and will rock this loose skin as best as I can. πŸ™‚ #bestandworst

18 November 2016 at 22:08

No bikini for me as well:( but I need to be honest that tummy doesn’t look so bad probably some ladies would say it’s better than they have even not being pregnant but it’s quite hard to use to that new look

20 November 2016 at 16:29
  • Reply Crystal Gard

I have no living children. but I am still trying to get my tummy back

19 November 2016 at 00:04

good luck πŸ™‚

20 November 2016 at 16:27
  • Reply Karen | TwoTinyHands

That’s a lovely letter! I I’ve always had a bit of a belly but it is worse since having my first. I keep saying I’m going to try and exercise it to get ready for another baby but just quite haven’t yet. What motivation though!! Thanks for linking up to #familyfun

19 November 2016 at 19:31

thanks for popping in πŸ™‚

20 November 2016 at 16:26
  • Reply Janet @ RRW

Oh I don’t think mine has been the same since I had my daughter 11 years ago. I actually lost my weight and it was a lot flatter but then when I had my third child, I lost it and I’ve never got it back. I am currently eating healthily and exercising as I know something has to be done but it is so hard. πŸ™‚

19 November 2016 at 21:43

Oh yes it is especially when you don’t see results:(

20 November 2016 at 16:25
  • Reply Tammymum

Oh I am also so scared to write things like this for fear of getting lynched and not embracing my mum tum the way I should…. I was quite lucky that the baby tum go back to ‘normal’ relatively quickly after both babies but then that’s something that was important to me. I say normal it is a slightly looser normal lol. I think the motivation for another baby must be great – I don’t have that lol xx

20 November 2016 at 07:52

Everything what can motivate you is good:) If you will have to change something you will find that motivation:)

20 November 2016 at 16:24
  • Reply Lucy's Locket

I have stretch marks and my tummy isn’t as flat as it used to be, but it doesn’t bother me. I’m hoping to have another baby soon too, so I figure I’ll worry about it (If I worry at all) when i’m done #GlobalBlogging

20 November 2016 at 13:29
  • Reply One Messy Mama

I’m 15 weeks pregnant and I already look like im ready to pop.. The tummy sure has been stretched! I guess I will have to deal with it in 25 weeks. Thanks for sharing with #globalblogging

21 November 2016 at 02:49
  • Reply Our Family World

Definitely a good talk with your tummy. Haha I feel same way too and every mother would agree to this.

21 November 2016 at 03:29
  • Reply Bridie By The Sea

Ah I struggled to come to terms with my post pregnancy tummy…I think I naively thought it would just return to normal overnight! But over the past year I have come to terms with it a bit more…we have to be kind to ourselves I think as motherhood is tough enough already πŸ™‚ Thanks for linking up to #dreamteam x

21 November 2016 at 21:15