First letter to my tummy;)

You may also like...

57 Responses

1. Post baby tummies are rough! I have had 5 children and each time i struggle more with my post-natal self and try harder to get that squishy thing back in shape. I have managed to do each time, but it is a struggle…and now i realize that after five stretchings my tummy will never get back to it’s super flat early 20’s self…I”m in great shape but there just a tad extra skin that bothers me and my uterus being stretched a bit bigger makes it impossible for my tummy to have it’s college luster. LOL. such is life. i guess it’s a trade off for all these great babies!

2. Sarah Howe says:

Ah I’m working on mine too! I’m 7 weeks post my second baby and getting there! Hard work but you’ll do it! Xx #twinklytuesday

3. Fatima Zehra says:

Such a lovely post! I am sure you’ll get back to your former self 🙂

4. Julie says:

I try to stay focused on all the things my body can do and achieve. Growing a baby is no small feat!

5. Melly C says:

I was so happy the whole time that I didn’t have any stretchmarks but then suddenly in the 9th month they all appeared!! Strechmarks will always stay but gotta work on the extra skin and belly fat

6. Sonya Kolodziejska says:

What a ‘keeping it real’ post. Would have loved to see a tummy like this pictured though and not the skinny women in this post.

7. I love how your turned this into a letter to your tummy. I’m working on mine but eating right and exercising. I found these really cool work outs you that are good for you and your baby!

8. Mary Barham says:

I LOVE this…. I feel the exact same way about your tummy….. everyday I look at it with disgust hoping it will get better!
    THEFOREVERTEACHER

9. I don’t have kids yet so I don’t know much about post-pregnancy tummies but I will say this, I know a lot of women who looked even better after pregnancy by choosing to take that step to workout and take care of themselves. I see that you are doing that so Kudos, hunny! You will love it even more after I’m sure–just keep going <3

10. Mmmm – I am so busy I tend not to think about my tum too much but when I do I do vow to try and be better at eating less crap etc. However, I have to remember it did carry 2 baby girls, 2 placentas and all that comes with being pregnant with twins for 38 weeks so I should really be in awe of my body too – thanks for the reminder. #familyfun

11. It can be very tough. But you seem very focused and I’m sure that you will feel back to yourself soon. In the meantime you have to love all the new parts of you. #BestAndWorst

12. Jill Conyers says:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings. I’m sure it will be helpful and supportive for many.

13. Amber Myers says:

This is great! It can be difficult after you give birth. I wish I had a flat tummy again. Maybe someday!

14. Rain says:

i thought you were writing a letter to your baby but, it’s an actual letter to your stomach…lol. you’ll spring back in no time. 😀

15. Jen says:

After 4 babies, my tummy will never be the same. Although, personally I will never be the same either. So I guess we match 🙂 My tummy and I.

Lovely post. Our tummy does do a very special job for those 9 months. Best we try and take care of it for sure!

16. SamM Travels says:

It’s really hard work! Keep focussed and you will get there!

17. Ellie says:

So many new Mum’s feel pressure from other women and he media to be back in shape immediately after birth but taking your own time and enjoying your new baby and Family is so much more important. Great post!

• ohmummymia says:

I don’t care what media saying and showing because I know that I’m not a super star and I will not loose everything after 2 weeks

18. I was really proud of my pregnant belly, after miscarriages I was feeling like my body was failing me, so after finally delivering a healthy baby girl I really enjoyed my body more than ever. I was lucky not to get stretch marks either. Yes after 3 kids my tummy is no where near as flat or tight as it was, but really I am Ok with it. #familyfun

19. popping back from #twinklyTuesday

20. I’ve been working on mine for years. I failed and it was only recently that I have learned to love my big tummy.

21. hahaha this is such a unique and creative post. I love it. Never read anything where someone talks to their tummy. great read.

22. Amie says:

I hate my post baby belly, I wasn’t particularly fond of it before but I’m too lazy to exercise at the minute. With the 4mo still not sleeping well I’m just too tired for exercise #DreamTeam

• ohmummymia says:

I’m still not sleeping well with my 7 month old:( but I decided that I need to do something for myself as well I hope you will find time for it:)

23. Having had three full term pregnancies my tummy has seen better days! Thanks for linking to #PickNMix

24. was very lucky, no stretch marks and generally bounce back into shape, worst is having scar from c section

25. Awww! That was beautiful. I really love this. I have yet to experience this but, I get it. This was so creatively written.

26. Amanda says:

Aw this was sweet! I just recently had a baby boy as well! While i had a tummy to begin with, it’s definitely different now and I’m slowly accepting it because it gave me my son, it kept him safe and brought him into this world beautifully, though it may not have been perfect.

27. Ana Ojha says:

What a beautiful post! And don’t worry you’ll get back in shape in no time. The most important thing is to stay healthy and fat, even if you’ve some curves!

28. Elizabeth O. says:

I’d love to get my tummy back from before I had the twins. So I made sure that I ate right and that I was more active. It got smaller and smaller eventually but it wasn’t an easy task, it really took time.

29. Bismah says:

I didn’t have much of a post pregnancy tummy and it wasn’t long before it went back down. I am on the go so much even was during my pregnancies so I guess that is why.

• ohmummymia says:

I thought that I was on the go:D till 5 months I didn’t put on weight even 1lbs so I don’t know how it happen

30. I have had a love/hate relationship with my tummy. I LOVED being pregnant with my twins. I gained 55 lbs and strutted around naked like I was on stage with a pole. Now after delivery, ehhhh….not so crazy about the tummy. No bikinis for me! It’s rough on a woman’s body when she’s a stone’s throw away from 38 to gain and lose that amount of weight in that short period of time. The elasticity is just not there! Having said that, I am proud of the “job” my tummy did too and will rock this loose skin as best as I can. 🙂 #bestandworst

• ohmummymia says:

No bikini for me as well:( but I need to be honest that tummy doesn’t look so bad probably some ladies would say it’s better than they have even not being pregnant but it’s quite hard to use to that new look

31. Crystal Gard says:

I have no living children. but I am still trying to get my tummy back

32. That’s a lovely letter! I I’ve always had a bit of a belly but it is worse since having my first. I keep saying I’m going to try and exercise it to get ready for another baby but just quite haven’t yet. What motivation though!! Thanks for linking up to #familyfun

33. Janet @ RRW says:

Oh I don’t think mine has been the same since I had my daughter 11 years ago. I actually lost my weight and it was a lot flatter but then when I had my third child, I lost it and I’ve never got it back. I am currently eating healthily and exercising as I know something has to be done but it is so hard. 🙂

34. Tammymum says:

Oh I am also so scared to write things like this for fear of getting lynched and not embracing my mum tum the way I should…. I was quite lucky that the baby tum go back to ‘normal’ relatively quickly after both babies but then that’s something that was important to me. I say normal it is a slightly looser normal lol. I think the motivation for another baby must be great – I don’t have that lol xx

• ohmummymia says:

Everything what can motivate you is good:) If you will have to change something you will find that motivation:)

35. I have stretch marks and my tummy isn’t as flat as it used to be, but it doesn’t bother me. I’m hoping to have another baby soon too, so I figure I’ll worry about it (If I worry at all) when i’m done #GlobalBlogging

36. I’m 15 weeks pregnant and I already look like im ready to pop.. The tummy sure has been stretched! I guess I will have to deal with it in 25 weeks. Thanks for sharing with #globalblogging

37. Our Family World says:

Definitely a good talk with your tummy. Haha I feel same way too and every mother would agree to this.

38. Ah I struggled to come to terms with my post pregnancy tummy…I think I naively thought it would just return to normal overnight! But over the past year I have come to terms with it a bit more…we have to be kind to ourselves I think as motherhood is tough enough already 🙂 Thanks for linking up to #dreamteam x