Lifestyle

How to get into the Spirit of Christmas

Maybe it can sounds quite weird for some of you but I need to get myself into the Christmas spirit. It wasn’t always like that. When I lived with my family I didn’t need that. Christmas was my favorite season in the year. Now it’s a little bit different. I live really far away of my friends and family. So I’m kind a sad that I need to spend that time without them. I forgot how nice it is when you fill Christmas spirit. Since two years I stared to do something to bring that spirit back. If you are in the same position as me check what you can do:)

christmas-spirit2

Christmas ornaments– I love all that Christmas decoration. I’m trying to decor as much as I can and as soon as it possible. It doesn’t need to be only Christmas tree. Put candle in the windows especially that. Fill your house with seasonal scents- my favorite is apple with cinnamon. Put a garland up and if you can use a mistletoe. Remember about your front door.

Christmas cookies– Baking Christmas cookies Is my form of relaxation. I love to decorate them frosting and sprinkles. All those shapes are so cute. My favorite? Christmas tree and gingerbread man. Smell of a freshly bakes Christmas cookies is magical.

Classic Christmas movies– Most of those movies are family friendly so you can watch them with your kids. Personally I can’t imagine Christmas without ‘Home alone’. Some others which I recommend for you are: ‘The Polar Express’, ‘ How The Grinch Stole Christmas’ and ‘Frosty the Snowman’.

Christmas cards– sending out Christmas cards can be a fun. You can buy them but it’s better to do them by yourself. Also you can prepare them not only for family and friends but for people in hospitals, homeless people.

Advent calendar– You can find really fancy one or the same like with cards you can do it by yourself. Hang it on the wall that everyone can see it! It’s really good way to keep kids stay more patient 🙂 And what’s more it can be soooo sweet and delicious.

Remember about friends and family– Can you imagine spending Christmas without your loved ones? It need to be really sad. So do everything what you can to spend that time with them. Make a special dinner, go to church together etc.

Seasonal food– I love that smell in the kitchen during Christmas season. Don’t forget about gingerbread, cinnamon, mulled wine and pumpkin pie. Also oranges and nectarines remind me about Christmas.

Wrap presents– Nothing make me more happy thn preparing Christmas presents. I love all that beautiful gift bags but wrapping paper is what I like the most. We can spend hours with my husband to wrap all presents. I can’t describe that feeling when I see smile on my loved ones faces during unpacking their presents.

Christmas songs– Playing Christmas music is really important to bring that spirit back. It doesn’t need to be pop music but also Christmas carols. If you want to know which songs are my favorite check my last post Best Christmas Songs

Be generous– Especially for people you don’t know. Christmas are only once a week so do a difference and help to other people who are in need. Maybe you know family who can’t effort on Christmas presents? Why not to buy a gifts for them. I can imagine how happy they will be especially kids:)

christmas-spirit3

If you know any other way to get in to Christmas spirit please share it below in comments.

Keep Calm and Carry On Linking Sunday

• Reply Catie

Great tips especially listening to Christmas songs that always gets me in the Christmas mood. As an Expat I know how lonely it can be without friends and family. Have a happy Xmas Thank you for linking up to #EatSleepBlogRT

20 December 2016 at 20:06
  • Reply Kate Eccles

I love a good Christmas song. I also love visiting Christmas Markets and drinking mulled wine (although this happens a lot less now I have the children!). Wishing you a very Merry Christmas! #KCACOLS

20 December 2016 at 20:25
  • Reply Eric || The Bucket LIst Project

I think Christmas songs is my #1 to get in the spirit when I am at home. Then I would say it is spending time with family. My family lives far away so when I get to visit them, it always gets me in the spirit

20 December 2016 at 21:09

Yup, we’ve done a lot of these things! They do help. We made cookies today and that was tons of fun.

20 December 2016 at 22:16
  • Reply Cherry - The Newby Tribe

Such lovely tips – we will be making the christmas cookies today which I’m really looking forward to! #eatsleepblogrt

21 December 2016 at 06:23
  • Reply Wren

Excellent tips for helping get you into the spirit! I was having a hard time this year, but once I started listening to the music, decorating, baking and wrapping… it seems to be coming around! 🙂

21 December 2016 at 06:24
  • Reply Elizabeth

I feel as I grow older the Christmas spirit appears less and less. Oh to be a child again and to feel the full magic! Now it’s just all work, lol!

21 December 2016 at 07:01
  • Reply KatrinaJeanCarter

I totally get what you mean! I didn’t realize all the work that really goes into the holidays until I got married and wasn’t living with my parents anymore…lol! But it’s nice because it gives you a chance to make your own holiday traditions. Great tips, those will surely make you feel festive 🙂

Happy Holidays!

21 December 2016 at 09:28
  • Reply Elizabeth O.

Those are all lovely, it feels awesome to be able to give to people especially the ones who are in need. It’s nice to lift everyone’s Christmas spirit this season!

21 December 2016 at 09:42
  • Reply Chloe

I find Christmas really stressful until I start putting on carols or getting out the ornaments. I think those little touches are what make Christmas special

21 December 2016 at 11:10
  • Reply OddHogg

Great ideas! Christmas music or a movie is definitely what I do to get in the christmas spirit. Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next Sunday

21 December 2016 at 15:11
  • Reply Tyler

I needed this post because I definitely am not in the Christmas spirit this year. I’m going to try them 🙂

Thanks!
    xoxo
    Tyler

21 December 2016 at 15:35
  • Reply Our Family World

Music is a universal language, and I think christmas songs can really define the mood any time, anywhere! Wonderful post, it’s easy to get along with the family with these tips!

21 December 2016 at 19:19
  • Reply Laura

Such lovely tips!! I am hoping to do some baking asap that always works for me! #KCACOLS

21 December 2016 at 20:22
  • Reply Ellie

Hmmmm Christmas cookies and Christmas movies; the perfect Winter evening indoors!

22 December 2016 at 01:46
  • Reply Cristina L.

Yep, this is a perfect list. I’m gonna do all f those.

22 December 2016 at 04:56
  • Reply Carol Cassara

This is very well said, you’ve pretty much listed everything you need in order to get your spirits up this Christmas! I love seeing decorations and although I don’t put much I still make sure that we do have decorations at home.

22 December 2016 at 07:30
  • Reply Kait

Christmas ornaments for sure and wrapping presents! My husband loves eggnog

22 December 2016 at 08:20
  • Reply Caryn

I LOVE Christmas movies. Like hearing all the cheery songs, the movies and people quoting them during the season make me smile.

23 December 2016 at 11:54
  • Reply Cal at Family Makes

You’ve covered absolutely everything here. I hope you’re in the Christmas spirit now! Music always works best for me to get me in the mood. Merry Christmas #KCACOLS

23 December 2016 at 14:09
  • Reply Jimmy and Tina

These are great idea’s, Since moving out of the country, I too have lost the spirit of Christmas and only put up a tree just two days before, just will never be the same for me.

29 December 2016 at 20:10
  • Reply Aish Das-Padihari

I love Christmas. In fact I have child like love for Christmas or any other holiday that screams family and food. Even though, I didn’t grow up celebrating Christmas, yet, it has to be my most favorite celebration ever.

29 December 2016 at 23:06
  • Reply Deanna

These are great ideas. I LOVE Christmas. It is my favorite time of year. We saw a crabby lady at the store today and my daughter said maybe she had a sad Christmas. I wish I could give her your list. 🙂

29 December 2016 at 23:24
  • Reply Nellwyn

Baking Christmas cookies and watching my favourite classic Christmas movies always puts me in the festive spirit. I hope you had a good holiday!

30 December 2016 at 03:40
  • Reply JcCee

I love looking at the different styles of cookies and getting to enjoy the speciality drinks from coffee shops that only are available during the Christmas holidays.

30 December 2016 at 03:44
  • Reply Isaly Holland

Everything you said on your list is definitely how I got into the spirit. I love Christmas movies, decorating and cookies (:

xoxo
    Isaly Holland

30 December 2016 at 04:58
  • Reply Glenda

These are some great tips. What gets me into Christmas spirit is decorating my house, baking cookies and cupcakes with my kids and watching Christmas movies. 🙂

30 December 2016 at 06:45
  • Reply Anne

I love Christmas songs and carols. They always make your mood festive. Decorating house for Christmas and baking is my favourite.

30 December 2016 at 07:39
  • Reply edira

Sometimes it’s hard for me to get the spirit of Christmas as well. Watching Christmas movies and eating cookies always helps! Thanks for sharing 🙂

30 December 2016 at 08:16
  • Reply Elizabeth

Great tips, these. Christmas used to be so magical for me, as a child. Now I work hard to make this magic happen for my own children.

30 December 2016 at 09:44
  • Reply Chrissy

Christmas Movies always put me in the Christmas mood. I love this time of the year!

30 December 2016 at 18:42
  • Reply Hey Sharonoox

Christmas is the best time of the year and we had such great fun this year. We pretty much covered everything you mentioned. That’s a great list of things for Christmas spirit. Happy New Year !

31 December 2016 at 01:15
  • Reply TColeman

This is all such great advice. I tend to have a hard time at first getting into the mood for the holidays.

1 January 2017 at 14:26
  • Reply Rain

for me it’s always once the tree is in my home and I smell that fresh scent of pine. It just instantly puts me in a holiday mood. This year was a bit of a struggle to me and I didn’t get a tree so, these suggestions would have helped. I’ll keep them in mind if I’m in a funk next year.

1 January 2017 at 17:59