Lifestyle

Just do it! For yourself

I decided to loose some weight. Yes, that was my decision. My own. Nobody told me that I’m fat or something. I want to do it for myself to feel better. Apparently it’s a big mistake. When I told to my sister that I bought a diet (I’ve got a daily plan and recipes, shopping list etc) and I want to loose 8 kg she said that I’m stupid. Excuse me what? Yes she said that I’m stupid and sick…So if I want to do something for myself, something that can make me happy I’m a stupid. Awesome right?

I can’t say that I’m fat. Probably I look OK. But I want to look better and it’s not for my husband or someone else. No. It’s for me. I want my prepregnancy body back. Don’t understand me wrong I’m not the person who think only about nice body shape, make up, hair etc. I could put on weight more than I did if I will need to deliver my son. For his good I could do a lot. It’s something not under discussion.

But now I’m 9 months after giving a birth and it’s perfect time to do that. To be honest I thought that it will be easy to loose all that weight which I put on through all pregnancy. You know, as new a Mom I didn’t have time for proper meals, I didn’t eat a lot because I didn’t have time. Unfortunately my scale was showing the same weight. I was a little bit depressed. Especially when I went for shopping and I saw my mirror reflection. I’m OK now but I’m sure I will be happier if I will loose all those extra kgs. Why it’s so hard to understand for some people?

I need to say that I’m happy that my husband doesn’t see how my body changed. All the time he is saying that I look fab. It’s really nice but I told him that I need to loose some weight for myself because I want to feel good and healthy again. He agreed with me. If I want to do that for me than it’s good for him.

But it’s quite sad for me that my friends and family thinks that I’m crazy. They think that I look OK and should be happy that I have a healthy son. I’m more than happy. Really I am but it’s time to do something for me.

So if you want to change your hair color, change your clothes, do something with your look or loose weight. Whatever what. But if it’s for you not for other people than do that. Don’t afraid to do this important step in our life. Do not listen if they are telling you that you are crazy. Maybe you are but in the end you will be crazy but happy woman. Just do it for yourself.

Mummascribbles
3 Little Buttons

Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com

Mummy Times Two
Two Tiny Hands

Diary of an imperfect mum

• Reply Chloe Wood

Us mum’s definitely need to do more for ourselves! #DreamTeam

24 January 2017 at 20:13
  • Reply Crystal Gard

This is a great saying. You should never try to loose weight for someone else. The decision needs to be for yourself.

24 January 2017 at 20:37
  • Reply Jessica Taylor

Very motivational! I really need to “Just Do” a lot of healthier things!

24 January 2017 at 23:11
  • Reply Aish Das-Padihari

I have never gone on a diet. I like to eat well and I’m big on exercise. Since, cakes and cookies are my weakness and I cant really deny them.., I try to exercise more so that I can eat my cake.

24 January 2017 at 23:18
  • Reply Kwan Hopkins

Not a mom yet but wholeheartedly agree with doing it for yourself! Because hubs have a way of ensuring we look good but we have to make it match our true feelings!

25 January 2017 at 02:41
  • Reply Elizabeth O.

I don’t think it’s crazy to want your old body back, especially if it makes you feel great about yourself. I say go for it and don’t listen to anyone who says otherwise!

25 January 2017 at 07:08

Right? I should do what I want if it will make me happier:) thanks for nice words

25 January 2017 at 12:45
  • Reply Sara

Totally in the same boat, except that my youngest son is 2 and a half! I need to lose about 8kg to, because I want to. And because I’ve never been this big and not pregnant. No one has said anything, but I want it badly too, for myself. Good luck with your plan. You’re not crazy! Maybe they are just trying to tell you that you look nice the way you are πŸ™‚ Thank you for sharing. #PostsFromTheHeart

25 January 2017 at 12:15

Maybe they trying but they should accept something what I want to do to make me happier:) I hope you will achieve your goal as well:)

25 January 2017 at 12:44
  • Reply Cynthia Nicoletti

I have to say it is wonderful you did it on your own and didn’t need anyone to say “You need to loose weight”. It will make you feel great to loose that extra couple of pounds. I know after my children I went through the same thing. I felt better after the extra weight was off and made me have more energy for my little ones.

25 January 2017 at 17:00
  • Reply Kim

It’s so important to make yourself happy to feel good πŸ™‚ I wish you the best in achieving your goal!

25 January 2017 at 19:28
  • Reply mira pstr

if I gain 1 kg I will do Diet thing to loose it, so after pregnancy it is normal to gain more weight and I would say BIG YES , go ahead especially that you are doing it to feel better, i am not a mom yet but if it will be, i will ask you that time what did you do to loose your 8 kg πŸ˜‰

25 January 2017 at 19:45
  • Reply Kaitlyn

I love this! It really is so important that you are making decisions for you about certain things. You will not stick with whatever it is if you are not passion about it. Great post!

Kaitlyn

25 January 2017 at 21:25
  • Reply Mrs Mummy Harris

Love this! I’ve put on over a stone since Ive had Ben but i think it may be mostly due to my contraceptive implant put in at six weeks so ive put on weight before i had chance to lose all my baby weight.
    Im so happy to hear you’re doing something like this for you, not for your husband, your friends etc. I find when someone wants to do it for themselves they achieve their goals as they really have the gumption to succeed! #twinklytuesday

25 January 2017 at 21:26
  • Reply Sarah

GO YOU! I think it’s ridiculous them saying you’re crazy, if you want it, go for it!
    I wish you all the luck! #FriYAYLinky

25 January 2017 at 21:29
  • Reply Wanderlust Vegans

It’s a sensitive subject discussing other peoples weight and dieting. Maybe they just thought you were feeling bad about yourself and didn’t want to agreed that you do need to go on a diet.

25 January 2017 at 22:10
  • Reply moneycorgi

Good luck with it

whenever you make any changes in life there’s always going to be people who pooh pooh it.
    if you think its best for you then go for it.

25 January 2017 at 22:25
  • Reply katrina gehman

loosing weight is not easy. it take a lot of hard work. you got this. ignore negative comments from people. if you are doing it for you, you are doing it for the right reason.

26 January 2017 at 01:27
  • Reply Samantha

I most certainly need to do more for myself. I fail in that area of life.

26 January 2017 at 05:52
  • Reply Wendy

Quite agree! If you fancy loosing a bit of weight and feel like you’re ready and want to do it for yourself to feel better then good for you! πŸ™‚

26 January 2017 at 15:09
  • Reply Rhyming with Wine

Go you! I’m totally behind you and waving my pom poms to cheer you on. If it is something that you want, for you, then you should 100% go for it. Quite frankly it is nobody else’s business, it’s about what makes you feel happy and comfortable in your own skin. Lovely that your husband is supportive of you too though. Thanks for sharing with #DreamTeam x

26 January 2017 at 15:58
  • Reply Catie

Good on you for making a change to make you happier! Thank you for linking up to #ablogginggoodtime good luck

27 January 2017 at 02:52
  • Reply Helena

I agree we are after all our own cheerleaders right? #PostsFromTheHeart

27 January 2017 at 18:00
  • Reply tammymum

Oh I totally agree. You should absolutely do things for you and no one else. Equally if you want it you should just do it. I was thinking this very thing when running the other day. It was a case of just do it and I did and I felt so much better for you. Good luck lovey and thanks for joining us at #familyfun xx

27 January 2017 at 21:07
  • Reply Laura Wilson

Best of luck! I am trying again now, just struggling to get truly stuck in. Don;t listen to anyone else it is your body and you need to do whatever makes you happy and feel comfortable in your skin xx #FriYAYLinky

2 February 2017 at 23:11
  • Reply stacey

If you want to lose weight for yourself, I thin k thats a great idea. You wouldn’t listen to someone who said lose weight, so don’t listen when they say the opposite.

9 February 2017 at 06:15