Playpen is only for lazy parents

Yest that’s true you’ve read it correctly. I’m not joking. That was my friend response when I asked her where I can buy a playpen for my baby boy. You should see my face. It was like ‘What the **ck you talking about’? She has a Mom with her and she is taking care of her babies. She doesn’t know how it is to go to the toilet with a little audience. So how she can say something like that. Who gave her a rights for that?

Of course I didn’t bother about her opinion and I bought a lovely green playpen and I’m so fricking happy about that. You know why? Because I know again how freedom feels like. I can do a dinner, go to toilet and clean a house without any problems and little fellow in my arms. Is it mean for anyone being lazy?

I really like to be on my own in toilet but it’s almost like ‘Mission Impossible’ if my son is not in his playpen. He is really fast if he see that I’m leaving a room. And very very loud. It’s really important for me to do some housework. Sometimes I can’t do things wen he is sleeping because I need to rest before my work. As a Mom you know how long it take to iron all baby’s clothes. It takes ages to do that. So I’m putting my little bug to his playpen and doing that horrible (I truly hate it) job.

If someone want to say that I’m lazy than go ahead. My baby, my house and my playpen. I don’t see anything wrong in it. I can only see a lot of advantages. And not only for me but also for my baby. I know that he is safe and noting wrong can happen to him. Like couple months ago I left a room for two seconds to check something in a kitchen. I didn’t hear that he leave a room. And you know what? He fell down the stairs because we didn’t have a gate yet. Now I know that he will be OK. Also I’m not putting him there for whole day or even a half. What’s more it’s not every day but only when I need to do some housework. So if anyone want to say that we are lazy parents we are fine with that.

Let me know in comments if you are using (used) playpen and what forced you to buy it.

3 Little Buttons
Run Jump Scrap!
Two Tiny Hands
One Messy Mama

• Reply Jasmine

I didn’t realize this was an opinion people held. I had a foldable playpen I used often when cooking. Our oven got hot to the touch when on and it was more of a safety issue than anything else.

15 March 2017 at 05:44
  • Reply Beth

Yes I used a playpen with both children- I genuinely don’t understand how a parent cooks dinner without one! I imagine it depends on the layout of your house as to how necessary they are. I never ironed baby clothes though 😉

#familyfun

15 March 2017 at 11:15

I think they need to have help or they are very strong and can keep their kids in arms for whole day:D

15 March 2017 at 20:20
  • Reply The Squirmy Popple

I never used a playpen, but only because my daughter refused to be put down – I would have used one in a second if I could have gotten away with it. There’s nothing wrong with giving them a safe place to play for a few minutes while you run to the loo, as long as they’re not just sitting there by themselves for hours. #FamilyFun

15 March 2017 at 12:33

yeah I’m not talking about putting a baby there for a whole day it’s not a good idea:D

15 March 2017 at 20:19
  • Reply Pam lorimer

I loved my playpen with my first was an actual godsend! Meant i knew he was safe and i could get on without worry! #TriumphantTales

15 March 2017 at 13:57

And that is what matters the most-safe place for our little ones:)

15 March 2017 at 20:18
  • Reply jeremy - thirstydaddy

I don’t know how anybody would get anything done without a playpen. What do you do, vacuum with the kid strapped to your back? #familyfun

15 March 2017 at 16:33

Exactly! sometimes when I’m doing coffee or something quick like that I need to keep him in my arms that could be really hard for cooking:D

15 March 2017 at 20:17
  • Reply tammymum

Oh what a thing to say. Not only is it a biota freedom – it is also safe. You can nip out of the room and you know your baby will be safe – nothing lazy about that. I tried mine in one but they just screamed blue murder when I left the room so it didn’t go to plan but I certainly don’t think it is lazy! thanks for joining us at #familyfun xx

15 March 2017 at 20:34
  • Reply Claire

We’ve never had one but I wish we did! I use the cot with toys in as a playpen upstairs but I find my baby is not happy in it for long. Downstairs he jumperoo is still where I put her whilst cooking etc. #PostsFromTheHeart

16 March 2017 at 06:22
  • Reply Hayley@ Mission: Mindfulness

A playpen isn’t for a lazy parent and can be very good for safety! We didn’t use one with our first (namely because our flat at the time was too small for one really). But when we had the twins we got one to protect them from their bositerous big bro. He actually ended up doing his lego in it so they didn’t pick up the small pieces!!!! #familyfun

16 March 2017 at 21:15
  • Reply Nicole - Tales from Mamaville

Playpens are godsends. Two free hands for mummy (to do more housework) and a safe and interesting place for baby to explore.
    #globalblogging

16 March 2017 at 23:20
  • Reply One Messy Mama

I first saw this post on Twitter. Tried to read it but I didn’t get a chance to finish. I was so pleased when you shared it on #globalblogging. Glad I got to read it in full! I would of had an ominous dark cloud following me around if a friend was that ignorant and made such a comment. I haven’t had a play pen because we used a pack and play, which was a lifesaver! Happy playing baby means productive mama! Thanks for sharing with us! 🙂

17 March 2017 at 22:02
  • Reply Vicky

I’ve used playpens before and they are a huge help. Cooking, cleaning, going to the bathroom in peace while ensuring your baby is safe and sound playing and learning!

19 March 2017 at 02:02
  • Reply Jaki

Lazy or responsible? I’d say it was the latter! Better a playpen than risking them getting up to all sorts while you nip for a wee! And they’re fun anyway, throw a blanket over the top, get in with them and you have a ready made den – perfect! Play pens all the way! Thanks so much for linking up to #TriumphantTales 🙂
    Jaki recently posted…Online Hacks That Will Change Your LifeMy Profile

19 March 2017 at 08:00
  • Reply Mrs Mummy Harris

Wow i’m pretty shocked that someone so close to you would say such a thing! I dont have a playpen but I do use his jumperoo as an excuse to keep him safe and occupied if i need to run upstairs to put something in a room or to cook. I dont see the harm in giving them a safe place when us parents need to get on with something like ironing or cooking that needs two hands and needs kids to be away from potential dangers! Thank you so much for linking up to #TriumphantTales. I hope to see you again next week!

19 March 2017 at 17:34
  • Reply The UnNatural Mother

I don’t see the problem. We all have our own way of putting the baby down wherever that is in a cot or a playden #POSTSFROMTHEHEART

19 March 2017 at 23:27
  • Reply Edward

A playpen would appear to be a responsible option. As you say it helps you do some of the simple things around the house #dreamteam

21 March 2017 at 07:51