Playpen is only for lazy parents

You may also like...

19 Responses

1. Jasmine says:

I didn’t realize this was an opinion people held. I had a foldable playpen I used often when cooking. Our oven got hot to the touch when on and it was more of a safety issue than anything else.

2. Beth says:

Yes I used a playpen with both children- I genuinely don’t understand how a parent cooks dinner without one! I imagine it depends on the layout of your house as to how necessary they are. I never ironed baby clothes though 😉

#familyfun

• ohmummymia says:

I think they need to have help or they are very strong and can keep their kids in arms for whole day:D

3. I never used a playpen, but only because my daughter refused to be put down – I would have used one in a second if I could have gotten away with it. There’s nothing wrong with giving them a safe place to play for a few minutes while you run to the loo, as long as they’re not just sitting there by themselves for hours. #FamilyFun

4. Pam lorimer says:

I loved my playpen with my first was an actual godsend! Meant i knew he was safe and i could get on without worry! #TriumphantTales

5. I don’t know how anybody would get anything done without a playpen. What do you do, vacuum with the kid strapped to your back? #familyfun

• ohmummymia says:

Exactly! sometimes when I’m doing coffee or something quick like that I need to keep him in my arms that could be really hard for cooking:D

6. tammymum says:

Oh what a thing to say. Not only is it a biota freedom – it is also safe. You can nip out of the room and you know your baby will be safe – nothing lazy about that. I tried mine in one but they just screamed blue murder when I left the room so it didn’t go to plan but I certainly don’t think it is lazy! thanks for joining us at #familyfun xx

7. Claire says:

We’ve never had one but I wish we did! I use the cot with toys in as a playpen upstairs but I find my baby is not happy in it for long. Downstairs he jumperoo is still where I put her whilst cooking etc. #PostsFromTheHeart

8. A playpen isn’t for a lazy parent and can be very good for safety! We didn’t use one with our first (namely because our flat at the time was too small for one really). But when we had the twins we got one to protect them from their bositerous big bro. He actually ended up doing his lego in it so they didn’t pick up the small pieces!!!! #familyfun

9. Playpens are godsends. Two free hands for mummy (to do more housework) and a safe and interesting place for baby to explore.
    #globalblogging

10. I first saw this post on Twitter. Tried to read it but I didn’t get a chance to finish. I was so pleased when you shared it on #globalblogging. Glad I got to read it in full! I would of had an ominous dark cloud following me around if a friend was that ignorant and made such a comment. I haven’t had a play pen because we used a pack and play, which was a lifesaver! Happy playing baby means productive mama! Thanks for sharing with us! 🙂

11. Vicky says:

I’ve used playpens before and they are a huge help. Cooking, cleaning, going to the bathroom in peace while ensuring your baby is safe and sound playing and learning!

12. Jaki says:

Lazy or responsible? I’d say it was the latter! Better a playpen than risking them getting up to all sorts while you nip for a wee! And they’re fun anyway, throw a blanket over the top, get in with them and you have a ready made den – perfect! Play pens all the way! Thanks so much for linking up to #TriumphantTales 🙂
    Jaki recently posted…Online Hacks That Will Change Your LifeMy Profile

13. Wow i’m pretty shocked that someone so close to you would say such a thing! I dont have a playpen but I do use his jumperoo as an excuse to keep him safe and occupied if i need to run upstairs to put something in a room or to cook. I dont see the harm in giving them a safe place when us parents need to get on with something like ironing or cooking that needs two hands and needs kids to be away from potential dangers! Thank you so much for linking up to #TriumphantTales. I hope to see you again next week!

14. I don’t see the problem. We all have our own way of putting the baby down wherever that is in a cot or a playden #POSTSFROMTHEHEART

15. Edward says:

A playpen would appear to be a responsible option. As you say it helps you do some of the simple things around the house #dreamteam