How can some people be so cruel?

You may also like...

31 Responses

1. Melody says:

My son is too young for a favorite toy yet, but my niece has her “baby” (it’s a giraffe lol) and my sister-in-law had bought two as soon as she saw how much her little one loved that toy. The only problem is that my niece can tell the difference between the toy (like when the real baby had to be washed or was lost in the house for a few days) and she was not as content with the replacement. I think it’s a hard call for any parent when it comes to the favorite toy and how they should take care of it.

2. I relate to this story because I had a favorite doll growing up and I was notorious for leaving her everywhere. Once, I left her in a graveyard after a funeral. Thankfully, my diligent parents were able to find her and I still have her today. Knowing that my daughter is a chip off the ol’ block, I do buy an extra (if possible!) to rotate and for safe keeping. I really hope the bunny shows up!

3. Nancy G says:

THIS is sad! The love of money taken to the extreme. I understand people want o to make some extra cash on eBay, but a teddy that cost 6 dollars now being sold at 30 and no feelings whatsoever for a single mom and her son who has trouble sleeping is just ugly. Such people will reap what they sow. That’s for sure. Hope your friend finds a way to sort this.

4. Hatsuharu says:

I already forgot what my favorite toy was when I was a kid. But it is sure that we always form a certain attachment to these toys when we were young. And it’s really irritating when people take advantage of one’s misfortune.

5. Maria says:

Thats so sad ! I’ve never had this happen for me but i would totally feel bummed if it did. Poor thing!

6. Laura says:

That’s so sad !

7. My children have never ran into this issue – not sure how, but they haven’t. However I remember being really young and driving with my grand parents to California from Illinois and I left my doll in the bathroom of a rest area. I know I was sobbing and it was the end of the world at the time, but my grandparents ended up taking me to toys r us and bought me an awesome new cabbage patch kid with adoption papers and new outfits. And I moved on and all was well. Good luck!

8. I live in fear of my son losing his “Baa”. We bought two but then he wanted both and now he is never without either. If we lost one I’m not sure what we would do, but if we lost two it would be a nightmare! #kcacols
    five little doves recently posted…For Lewis on your 13th BirthdayMy Profile

9. Nige says:

This is every parents nightmare the girls have a favourite toy each a blanket each and Maisie took a fancy to my holister shorts when she was a baby a couple times one or another has disappeared for a while panic sets in quickly fab post and indeed how cruel Thanks for linking to the #THAT FRIDAY LINKY come back next week please

10. Rosey says:

Too bad they quit making it if it’s so popular. My son loved Curious George. That little monkey went with us everywhere. My granddaughter loves her baby Nicky (doll she named).

11. Karen Jolly says:

For me, this story is definitely heart-breaking. These people must be very broke, but I don’t think its considerable to make money from those kiddos, knowing that they’re also parents.

12. stacey says:

Its sad, but its all about supply and demand. And there are apparently people willing to by it for that price. She will too if she really wants it now or just wait until you see another one. 🙁
    stacey recently posted…BBQ at the Forest and Duck RestaurantMy Profile

13. Amy says:

When my daughter was poorly she adopted my cuddly from when I was 5. She insisted on taking it to Disney and it vanished from the room (I think as they were changing the sheets), Bethany was upset but I was distraught! #kcacols
    Amy recently posted…Adding value to your homeMy Profile

14. luckily, mine doesn’t have an irreplaceable favorite toy yet. but it is really sad…greed is a terrible thing

15. Ginny says:

So sad that it was lost. My friends son recently lost his bear. They searched far and wide to find a replacement online through friends no no avail.

16. Emily says:

Oh that is awful, but there’ll always be people out there who are just out for themselves. Thanks for linking up to #ThatFridayLinky
    Emily recently posted…What kind of parent are you?My Profile

17. Tracey says:

Maybe I’m cruel but I would buy my child something else and tell them to get over the lost toy, I think it’s quite unhealthy for kids to get attached to things and they have to learn to move on 😉 #kcacols

18. Swell Mommy says:

I know that attachment toys are good for very young kids but mine never really latched onto anything. They love a toy one minute and the next they are tossing it aside.

19. Cassie says:

My little boy has a favourite car. We thought we lost it so we quickly bought another where we got it at the local supermarket. I then found it. He then developed a new favourite. Lost it at a museum on holiday but I left my details and they are posting it to me as they found it in the gift shop. It is a pain in the bum tho. And fortunately my supermarket has still been selling them.

I hope your friends little one can find solace in a new favourite toy.

#KCACOLS

20. Sauumye says:

I still have some of my favourite stuffed toys with me. I love them. I remember I had a stuffed dog which I loved but had to throw away because it went from white to black because I used to take it everywhere with me. After that all my expensive stuff toys were kept inside the cupboard. I was sad, but I still have them now.
    Sauumye recently posted…Timeless Perfumes Every Woman Needs To Try At Least OnceMy Profile

21. laura says:

Aw I totally get this. Alf as a duck from Jellycat called Nigel and it’s been with him since he was a baby, never leaves te house. When I was pregnant with Soph I got another one from ebay, it wasnt much but more than I paid for his first one in tk maxx. I keep an eye out now and even got another spare (hes nearly 6!). We did lose his favourite toddler toy that was a beanie sloth, I put a pic on fb and it got shared far and wide and a kind lady sent me one for free! There are some good people out there thankfully 🙂
    laura recently posted…Photography >> Project 365 – Close UpMy Profile

22. Sarah says:

This is really pathetic. People can be so cruel. Did they manage to get bunny back?

23. OvenStruck says:

Oh, No! That is so horrible. Yes, people can be very cruel. Imagine a world where we all treated each other with love and kindness? Were they able to recover the bunny? Blessings to that sweet little boy
    OvenStruck recently posted…How To Make Fancy Tea Blends Plus: My Favorite Citrus BlendMy Profile

24. Peachy’s favourite toy is a pink elephant. She lights up every time she sees him. I hope your friend is able to replace the bunny. Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next Sunday

25. daniella says:

People are cruel because people suck. Just don;t let them steal your shine!

26. Angel says:

We can’t blame people for wanting to make money by selling things on Ebay. They don’t know about your friends misfortune, so maybe you, or her, could send the seller a message explaining the situation, and perhaps the seller has a heart and will be generous. If not, then I’m with you 🙂
    Angel recently posted…The Truth About Blogger Facebook Groups – RevealedMy Profile

27. Elizabeth O says:

It’s a pity and I can imagine the sadness and pain of the loss. Hopefully, with time, the baby will find another toy to latch on to…

28. People taking advantage of the misfortunes of others, that’s the worst! I wish people would only think of helping others, without thinking of who or why or what. Just help and make a difference.

29. That is a shame. It may be worth messaging the eBay seller. Especially if they don’t sell. I’m amazed at its popularity. I lost my favourite bear when I was little so I get the upset

30. Colleen wool says:

So sorry this is awful. My granddaughter is attached to her dolls