How can some people be so cruel?

How can some people be so cruel?

I can’t believe that some people making a money on someone else’s misfortune. It’s so sad that they doing it without any remorse. My friend’s son has his favourite toy. A Beasley Bunny from Mothercare. You’ve probably think and what? Where is that misfortune? The problem is that her baby boy lost it on the airport. That bunny was helping him to sleep, eat and …everything else? You know it was THAT toy. The most important one. The biggest treasure of every baby. You are a parents so you can imagine how hard it is when your baby is loosing it.

I know that the easiest way is to buy a new one. So what’s the deal? They don’t have it anymore. They don’t sell it anymore. You can’t buy it in Mothercare. That’s it. So our first thought was E-BAY. And here is the worst part of this story. We found that bunny. But some people want £30!! Not for a new one but for used. And she bought it for £6. So how she can spend 5 times more for used one? How they can be so cruel? They know that kids are loosing these bunnies and they know that some desperate parents will give them £30 or even more. But my friend doesn’t have money. She is a single Mom and she can’t afford to buy it.

How can some people be so cruel?
We called to the airport to ask if they have that bunny in Lost and Found items. But they have thousands calls when parents asking about the same bunny so it’s almost not possible to get it back. I really don’t understand that some people want to make money on those kids. And what’s more I think that they are a parents. They selling their kids toys and want to make money on it. Tell me that is wrong because I think it’s so f*cking wrong. So unfair. I hope that my friend will find a way to get this bunny for he baby boy because he is really miserable now.

Let me know if your kids have their favourite toys and how you’re taking care of them? Did you buy more than one:)?

DIY Daddy Blog
Keep Calm and Carry On Linking Sunday

• Reply Melody

My son is too young for a favorite toy yet, but my niece has her “baby” (it’s a giraffe lol) and my sister-in-law had bought two as soon as she saw how much her little one loved that toy. The only problem is that my niece can tell the difference between the toy (like when the real baby had to be washed or was lost in the house for a few days) and she was not as content with the replacement. I think it’s a hard call for any parent when it comes to the favorite toy and how they should take care of it.

15 April 2017 at 23:43
  • Reply Brittany Ferrell

I relate to this story because I had a favorite doll growing up and I was notorious for leaving her everywhere. Once, I left her in a graveyard after a funeral. Thankfully, my diligent parents were able to find her and I still have her today. Knowing that my daughter is a chip off the ol’ block, I do buy an extra (if possible!) to rotate and for safe keeping. I really hope the bunny shows up!

16 April 2017 at 01:17
  • Reply Nancy G

THIS is sad! The love of money taken to the extreme. I understand people want o to make some extra cash on eBay, but a teddy that cost 6 dollars now being sold at 30 and no feelings whatsoever for a single mom and her son who has trouble sleeping is just ugly. Such people will reap what they sow. That’s for sure. Hope your friend finds a way to sort this.

16 April 2017 at 23:31
  • Reply Hatsuharu

I already forgot what my favorite toy was when I was a kid. But it is sure that we always form a certain attachment to these toys when we were young. And it’s really irritating when people take advantage of one’s misfortune.

16 April 2017 at 23:58
  • Reply Maria

Thats so sad ! I’ve never had this happen for me but i would totally feel bummed if it did. Poor thing!

17 April 2017 at 00:33
  • Reply Laura

That’s so sad !

17 April 2017 at 01:48
  • Reply Jamie @ madrediem

My children have never ran into this issue – not sure how, but they haven’t. However I remember being really young and driving with my grand parents to California from Illinois and I left my doll in the bathroom of a rest area. I know I was sobbing and it was the end of the world at the time, but my grandparents ended up taking me to toys r us and bought me an awesome new cabbage patch kid with adoption papers and new outfits. And I moved on and all was well. Good luck!

17 April 2017 at 01:49
  • Reply five little doves

I live in fear of my son losing his “Baa”. We bought two but then he wanted both and now he is never without either. If we lost one I’m not sure what we would do, but if we lost two it would be a nightmare! #kcacols
    five little doves recently posted…For Lewis on your 13th BirthdayMy Profile

17 April 2017 at 16:44
  • Reply Nige

This is every parents nightmare the girls have a favourite toy each a blanket each and Maisie took a fancy to my holister shorts when she was a baby a couple times one or another has disappeared for a while panic sets in quickly fab post and indeed how cruel Thanks for linking to the #THAT FRIDAY LINKY come back next week please

17 April 2017 at 18:21
  • Reply Rosey

Too bad they quit making it if it’s so popular. My son loved Curious George. That little monkey went with us everywhere. My granddaughter loves her baby Nicky (doll she named).

18 April 2017 at 01:09
  • Reply Karen Jolly

For me, this story is definitely heart-breaking. These people must be very broke, but I don’t think its considerable to make money from those kiddos, knowing that they’re also parents.

18 April 2017 at 09:19
  • Reply stacey

Its sad, but its all about supply and demand. And there are apparently people willing to by it for that price. She will too if she really wants it now or just wait until you see another one. 🙁
    stacey recently posted…BBQ at the Forest and Duck RestaurantMy Profile

18 April 2017 at 11:07
  • Reply Amy

When my daughter was poorly she adopted my cuddly from when I was 5. She insisted on taking it to Disney and it vanished from the room (I think as they were changing the sheets), Bethany was upset but I was distraught! #kcacols
    Amy recently posted…Adding value to your homeMy Profile

18 April 2017 at 14:11
  • Reply Jasmine Hewitt

luckily, mine doesn’t have an irreplaceable favorite toy yet. but it is really sad…greed is a terrible thing

19 April 2017 at 04:19
  • Reply Ginny

So sad that it was lost. My friends son recently lost his bear. They searched far and wide to find a replacement online through friends no no avail.

19 April 2017 at 11:41
  • Reply Emily

Oh that is awful, but there’ll always be people out there who are just out for themselves. Thanks for linking up to #ThatFridayLinky
    Emily recently posted…What kind of parent are you?My Profile

19 April 2017 at 12:46
  • Reply Tracey

Maybe I’m cruel but I would buy my child something else and tell them to get over the lost toy, I think it’s quite unhealthy for kids to get attached to things and they have to learn to move on 😉 #kcacols

19 April 2017 at 18:44
  • Reply Swell Mommy

I know that attachment toys are good for very young kids but mine never really latched onto anything. They love a toy one minute and the next they are tossing it aside.

19 April 2017 at 19:21
  • Reply Cassie

My little boy has a favourite car. We thought we lost it so we quickly bought another where we got it at the local supermarket. I then found it. He then developed a new favourite. Lost it at a museum on holiday but I left my details and they are posting it to me as they found it in the gift shop. It is a pain in the bum tho. And fortunately my supermarket has still been selling them.

I hope your friends little one can find solace in a new favourite toy.

#KCACOLS

19 April 2017 at 20:59
  • Reply Sauumye

I still have some of my favourite stuffed toys with me. I love them. I remember I had a stuffed dog which I loved but had to throw away because it went from white to black because I used to take it everywhere with me. After that all my expensive stuff toys were kept inside the cupboard. I was sad, but I still have them now.
    Sauumye recently posted…Timeless Perfumes Every Woman Needs To Try At Least OnceMy Profile

19 April 2017 at 23:53
  • Reply laura

Aw I totally get this. Alf as a duck from Jellycat called Nigel and it’s been with him since he was a baby, never leaves te house. When I was pregnant with Soph I got another one from ebay, it wasnt much but more than I paid for his first one in tk maxx. I keep an eye out now and even got another spare (hes nearly 6!). We did lose his favourite toddler toy that was a beanie sloth, I put a pic on fb and it got shared far and wide and a kind lady sent me one for free! There are some good people out there thankfully 🙂
    laura recently posted…Photography >> Project 365 – Close UpMy Profile

20 April 2017 at 21:24
  • Reply Sarah

This is really pathetic. People can be so cruel. Did they manage to get bunny back?

20 April 2017 at 21:57
  • Reply OvenStruck

Oh, No! That is so horrible. Yes, people can be very cruel. Imagine a world where we all treated each other with love and kindness? Were they able to recover the bunny? Blessings to that sweet little boy
    OvenStruck recently posted…How To Make Fancy Tea Blends Plus: My Favorite Citrus BlendMy Profile

20 April 2017 at 22:50
  • Reply Peachy and her Mommy

Peachy’s favourite toy is a pink elephant. She lights up every time she sees him. I hope your friend is able to replace the bunny. Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next Sunday

20 April 2017 at 23:51
  • Reply daniella

People are cruel because people suck. Just don;t let them steal your shine!

21 April 2017 at 14:59
  • Reply Angel

We can’t blame people for wanting to make money by selling things on Ebay. They don’t know about your friends misfortune, so maybe you, or her, could send the seller a message explaining the situation, and perhaps the seller has a heart and will be generous. If not, then I’m with you 🙂
    Angel recently posted…The Truth About Blogger Facebook Groups – RevealedMy Profile

21 April 2017 at 18:12
  • Reply Elizabeth O

It’s a pity and I can imagine the sadness and pain of the loss. Hopefully, with time, the baby will find another toy to latch on to…

21 April 2017 at 20:56
  • Reply Claire Santiago

People taking advantage of the misfortunes of others, that’s the worst! I wish people would only think of helping others, without thinking of who or why or what. Just help and make a difference.

21 April 2017 at 22:21
  • Reply Suzy Mccullough

That is a shame. It may be worth messaging the eBay seller. Especially if they don’t sell. I’m amazed at its popularity. I lost my favourite bear when I was little so I get the upset

26 April 2017 at 22:46
  • Reply Suzy Mccullough

#KCACOLS
    Suzy Mccullough recently posted…Belvoir castle Leicestershire, day out reviewMy Profile

26 April 2017 at 22:47
  • Reply Colleen wool

So sorry this is awful. My granddaughter is attached to her dolls

27 April 2017 at 03:46
  • Reply Mrs Mummy Harris

Ben has a blanket that is his comforter and we lost it in town the other week. cue me running like a blue-arse fly to find it! he had to pick the one thing we cannot find anywhere which means if we lose it we’re screwed! luckily it was left on the side in Primark.. phew! #KCACOLS
    Mrs Mummy Harris recently posted…Ben’s Week of Wonders – Bouncing, Bouncing, BouncingMy Profile

28 April 2017 at 21:40