Must-have bottle feeding equipment

Must- have bottle feeding equipment

When I started bottle feed our son everything was so new for me. I didn’t know how to prepare a milk in a proper way. What temperature it should be, how to clean all bottles, teats and etc. You know, there was so many questions. I was looking for information in Internet but every Mom has different answer so I had to follow my instinct. Now, when my boy is one year I feel like a Pro:D I can give a tips to other Moms who struggle. I will point most important things you need to have if you want to bottle feed like a real Mom Boss.

1. Electric Bottle and Food Warmer

I can’t imagine our nights without bottle warmer. It’s such a time saver. You don’t need to go to the kitchen and waiting for boiling water. You only need to choose program and put inside a bottle with perfect amount of water. With bottle warmer you can prepare milk for your little one in a minute. It’s really important especially when your baby is awake and crying for food.

2. Electric Steam Sterilizer

It’s important to sterilize all your baby’s feeding equipment, including bottles and teats, until they are at least 12 months old some sources saying till 6 months). Why it’s so important? This will protect your baby against infections, in particular diarrhea and vomiting. It doesn’t matter if you are using expressed breast milk or formula milk. I chose the easiest and quickest way. After I cleaned all bottles and the rest of feeding equipment I put it in to my sterilizer and push a button. That’s it. After 10 minutes everything is clean without bacteria and what’s more important safe for my baby.

3. Milk powder dispenser
Till my son was 7 months old it was something that I had to have in my bag when we were traveling. Now I’m using it during nights and I don’t need to take a whole milk with me. But it’s best when you are going out and you know tat you will need to prepare a milk for your baby. Making up baby formula on out and about with that dispenser is a piece of cake:)

4. Glass jug and vacuum flask

When my son was an infant I didn’t know when he will be hungry. Sometimes was after 1 hour, sometimes after 2 hours. It was really hard especially when I forgot to prepare a fresh water or I had only boiled one. When I discovered that I can put a hot water in to a vacuum flask and a cold one in to a glass jug I couldn’t how easy it is. The only thing you need to remember are proportions. You will need twice more cold water than ot to get a perfect temperature (ready to eat).

5. Bottle drying rack

Obviously as most of you I have a lot of bottles and I didn’t have enough space for them. I didn’t know how to dry them properly and when I should keep them after sterilization. For me drying rack is a perfect solution.

6. Bottle brush

To be sure that bottles, teats and other feeding equipment are clean we should wash them in hot, soapy water as soon as possible after feeds. The best for cleaning it is bottle brush and a small teat brush to clean the inside of teats. Obviously you should remember to use this brush only for cleaning bottles. I find it difficult to clean everything inside a bottle with cloth or only with water. You need to have something to go inside and wash it out. I couldn’t find anything better than a brush.

7. Insulated bottle bag

It’s another perfect solution for making up a baby formula on out and about. If you will put inside a bottle hot water and keep it in insulated bag it will keep nice temperature for about 4 hours. It’s really good solution because you don’t need to take wit you a vacuum flask which is quite heavy or it will keep too high temperature.

I do not imagine my life without this equipment. It made my life easier and waste mi a lot of time. As a Mom you know that our time is really precious. If you are on the beginning of your motherhood journey I hope I help you with those tips. If you already bottle feed your baby let me know if you find something else what can make Moms life simpler.

3 Little Buttons

• Reply Ivy Boyter

I never used too much in the way of bottle feeding equipment, but the formula keeper was great for on the go feeding

21 May 2017 at 21:09
  • Reply Bailey | Simply Mom Bailey

Thats a lot of things you need! :O Children take up much to much space. LOL. But wouldn’t’ have it any other way.
    Bailey | Simply Mom Bailey recently posted…9 Lessons from the Flats & Hand Washing ChallengeMy Profile

22 May 2017 at 00:57
  • Reply Ayana

This just makes me glad I didn’t have to use bottles for very long! I’m so lazy lol and that’s a lot of stuff! But it’s a great list and very all inclusive!

22 May 2017 at 01:22
  • Reply Audria

wow, so many awesome items to make our mommy lives easier! Great products!

22 May 2017 at 01:53
  • Reply Kayla O'Neill

Bottle drying rack was so helpful for us! I think life would have been a bit easier if we had some of these other items!
    Kayla O’Neill recently posted…How to Teach Your Toddler About Community HelpersMy Profile

22 May 2017 at 02:21
  • Reply Stacy

All great supplies for bottle feeding. With my first son I used half of the things on this list. By the time me second son started the bottle I stuck to the brush and that was it. Haha but definitely make your life easier and buy what’s on this list.

22 May 2017 at 04:16
  • Reply jhilmil

Except Bottle drying rack, I had all of it when my baby was bottle Fed! Good for mumma’s to know all of it!
    jhilmil recently posted…12 easy ways to develop Reading habit in KidsMy Profile

22 May 2017 at 06:40
  • Reply Jasmine

This is a good comprehensive list! We didn’t bottle feed but I still had most of these in case we did and used them for sippy cups

22 May 2017 at 14:10
  • Reply Anna

Whatever helps you enjoy motherhood and your baby!! That’s what matters. ❤❤❤

22 May 2017 at 16:51
  • Reply TheCrazySAHM

Great list for new parents! I had almost all of these when my son was bottle feeding!
    TheCrazySAHM recently posted…Today, I Quit Moming – How I Realized it was OK to take a Mom BreakMy Profile

22 May 2017 at 18:37
  • Reply Working Mum

Useful tips! Didn’t know about the night warmers as mine were all breastfed, but all the others sound really helpful x

22 May 2017 at 21:40
  • Reply Lisa (mummygummie)

Great list! I felt the same when we first started bottle feeding having breast fed for several months! We used a perfect prep machine to make up the bottles which I have to say saved us so much time. I also really couldn’t do without a milk dispenser and insulated bag great for when out and about.

23 May 2017 at 23:02
  • Reply Lisa (mummygummie)

Oops forgot to say #dreamteam
    Lisa (mummygummie) recently posted…2 months old – Austin updateMy Profile

23 May 2017 at 23:02
  • Reply Shannon

I bottle fed my son for a year and the only one of these items that I had was a bottle brush. The other items would have been so helpful!

25 May 2017 at 21:01
  • Reply Sondra

I think its great that there are all these different products to help mom out. Just a little help makes all the difference.

26 May 2017 at 08:08
  • Reply Amy

A good electric steriliser was all I made sure I had, I currently use the Nuby steriliser and dryer purely because it dries the bottles too! Also, I’ve just discovered the Fuelbaby bottle, you can store the formula inside the bottle and press a button to release once you need to make a bottle. It’s genius for on the go feeding!
    Amy recently posted…Shingles and Chicken PoxMy Profile

26 May 2017 at 14:31
  • Reply Arlene

I have never heard of a vacuum flask, so cool. I Baby must haves change so fast as the years progress. I love all your recommendations.

26 May 2017 at 16:46
  • Reply Christine

What a wonderful list, especially for soon to be new parents! I had never seen the bottle brush, but I guess makes complete sense and would be quite useful! 🙂

27 May 2017 at 20:39
  • Reply Annette, 3 Little Buttons

It’s incredible how much stuff is needed isn’t it. I think the main thing is (if you can) get anything that will make life easier for you as a new mum… do it. It makes a world of difference. The dispensers are so handy! #DreamTeam x
    Annette, 3 Little Buttons recently posted…#HappyLittleButtons May 2017 Round-upMy Profile

28 May 2017 at 22:37
  • Reply Elizabeth O

I remember stocking up on all these items when I had my twins. The bottle rack was one of my favorites because I could use it to hold my mug too… Time sure flies so fast!

8 June 2017 at 11:38