Lifestyle

Why you shouldn’t compare yourself to celebrities

You know that you are beautiful? Seriously…I mean it. The only thing you need to do is believe and you will not regret. I know it’s hard to see that beauty because I struggle with that every day. Especially when I see celebrity Moms who looks like one million dollar. They have time to go to hairdresser, make up artist, they have manicure and pedicure and they always have
immaculate outfit. And me? I hardly have time to breathe.

Nowadays we can admire all showbiz Moms with amazing body straight after the birth. It can be a little bit depressing. I was fighting every day to get my pre pregnancy body back. It was really hard and I’ve made a lot of sacrifices. It takes time to realize that they have a lot of money. They can buy a fake beauty and they use Photoshop. Bigger boobs, slimmer waist, less wrinkles is not a problem for them. To be honest it’s easy to be beautiful if they pay you for it.

Should we believe that is true? For me what you see online is not real. We can see so many beautiful Instagram accounts. Moms with shiny, clean houses, beautiful nurseries without any scratch, selfies in a bed with coffee (do Moms have time for coffee?!). Don’t you find this a little suspicious? Because for me it is! I know that pretty pictures are very valuable because it makes you more followers but it’s not a real motherhood. What’s more people post what they want you to see. They will pick only the best shots. Do you have time to take a 10000 shots of one pose? I don’t thing so. We need to take care of our kids, prepare a dinner, do laundry, ironing etc. So sometimes ‘me time’ is like mission impossible.

Anyway I hope that most Moms have a brain and know that what they see in media it’s one big illusion. So please do not compare yourself to celebrities. You are beautiful inside and outside. Why I believe in it? Only beautiful people can bring into this world such an innocent and pretty creature-baby.

On the end I will share with you my favorite quote:
‘Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this world. If you do so, you are insulting yourself.’
— Bill Gates

• Reply Chrissie

This is SO, so true, and so encouraging. Thanks for sharing – bookmarking this for when I need a little boost one day 🙂
    Chrissie recently posted…The Ultimate Chocolate Chip CookiesMy Profile

27 June 2017 at 20:10
  • Reply Bianca Karina

Yes! This is so important, especially during “bikini” season. I think once you accept that what you see online and on social media is all carefully placed and strategic, it becomes easier to just be yourself.

27 June 2017 at 20:33
  • Reply Nicole Caudle

I have made a conscious effort to stop comparing myself to everyone. I don’t follow any celebrities on Social Media or Social Media personalities for this reason. We can get so caught up with social media sometimes that we start to subconsciously compare ourselves to others.

28 June 2017 at 12:56
  • Reply Nita

Yes! We should empower one another! Love your post and love your ending quote!
    Nita recently posted…70 Ways to Survive Hay feverMy Profile

28 June 2017 at 15:44
  • Reply Jasmine Hewitt

I love this and I totally agree-don’t compare yourself to celebrities, even IG celebrities!! They choose the best out of 1k photos for their feeds, and I recognize way too many stock photos to know that it’s not real… #sorrynotsorry

28 June 2017 at 19:41
  • Reply Aarika

This is such a beautiful post! I love it! It’s inspiring and informational. Great job. One of my favorite quotes is,”comparison is the thief of joy.” The more we compare, the less joy we feel. Always, be you because YOU are unique and perfect as you are. Cheers!

28 June 2017 at 20:21
  • Reply Audria

Agreed, we are all beautiful in our own unique ways. Beautifully said.
    Audria recently posted…Why you should check out this site on diaper reviewsMy Profile

28 June 2017 at 23:17
  • Reply RED RIDING HOOD

great blog, I have to say

29 June 2017 at 21:09
  • Reply Kristin

This is so true. Nobody should compare themselves to celebrities, not moms, not teenaged girls, not single women, not anybody. They have such an unrealistic standard. Better to just be us and natural women!

29 June 2017 at 21:40
  • Reply Rosanna and Winston

Love your post dear, keep it up we enjoy reading your content.

29 June 2017 at 22:19
  • Reply daneen rogers

I love that video! It summed up your post nicely 🙂 Loved this, thanks for the inspiration!

29 June 2017 at 22:57
  • Reply Yanet Ibarra

I agree with you! 🙂 We should be comfortable in our skin. Definitely, shouldn’t let the appearances of celebrities of or influencers undermine us.

29 June 2017 at 23:03
  • Reply Sarah

I don’t compare myself to celebrities. I know I don’t have the stylists, make up artists, fitness instructors and nutritionist that they do! I do, however, tend to compare myself to other moms. They are just as busy as I am, and have the same resouces.

30 June 2017 at 00:01
  • Reply R. Alexandria

Love that Bill Gates quote. And it’s true…if you compare yourself to someone in a different station or stage of life than you, you’re only setting yourself up to fail.

30 June 2017 at 03:07
  • Reply Papri Ganguly

Absolutely. I used to did this. But now I knew the inside story.

30 June 2017 at 04:24
  • Reply The Wordy Mom

Well said. This is so true.

30 June 2017 at 15:09
  • Reply Tamara

I love it! It is so easy to put ourselves down when trying to compare our bodies to others- celebrities or not. I also am guilty of comparing how I spend my time. I see these celebrity moms accomplishing so much while looking flawless and I’m over here congratulating myself for my messy bun skills.

30 June 2017 at 16:01
  • Reply Eileen Mendoza Loya

This is so true, especially with the younger generations. They go to a salon asking the hair dresser to have their hair styled exactly like a certain celebrities. OMG. We must learn to embrace our uniqueness. It would be boring if every one was cut from the same cloth.

1 July 2017 at 02:44
  • Reply Pammy

All inspiring and a very good point! Just be your very own self and love yourself first!

Pammy – joyfulsource.com