Family recipes

Homemade and healthy nutella

I know you are thinking ‘healthy Nutella? is it possible’? Yes, it is! And there is no sugar, palm oil or artificial flavor. I can’t blame people for being addicted from Nutella but they should know why it’s not good for them and there is a healthy replacement.

Want to know why you should delete it from your kid’s menu?

• Two tablespoons of Nutella contain 21 grams of sugar, the equivalent of 5 teaspoons of sugar

• Modified vegetable oils. These oils are highly processed and most commonly genetically modified

• A high sugar intake first thing in the morning will spike blood sugar levels, resulting in a plummet mid morning and contribute to poor concentration, hyper activity, and aggression.

• Soy Lecithin and Vanillin. These are probably the most dangerous ingredients found in Nutella. Soy lecithin, in particular, is bad for your health because it is a GMO product and leads to issues such as obesity, thyroid dysfunction, constipation, and breast cancer. Vanillin is used to create a flavor of true vanilla, but it is a cheaply produced chemical that contains MSG as well as small amounts of neurotoxins that can kill brain cells.

The only good ingredients in Nutella are hazelnuts. Therefore they are also high in calories and cannot reverse the negative effects of other Nutella’s ingredients.

So probably now you want to get my recipe for healthy Nutella? Here you go!

You need only 5 ingredients:

homemade healthy nutella

• 2 ripe avocados
  • 2 ripe bananas
  • cocoa powder
  • honey
  • nuts (or peanut butter)

Te only thing you need to do is mix all ingredients in a blender and voila!

Remember to keep it in the refrigerator because it’s natural without any preservatives.

It’s really tasty and you can give it to your kids without any guilt.

Also, it’s perfect for vegans and dairy, gluten free.

Bon appetit!

• Reply Tammy

Thanks for sharing this. I had no idea that Nutella had all the GMO in it. I have stopped drinking and using soy products, but didn’t realize its in so many other items. I must read labels more correctly.

3 July 2017 at 21:43
  • Reply Corinne & Kirsty

I haven’t been eating nutella because it’s super fatty and expensive. But this recipe sounds great. I used to love nutella! xx corinne

3 July 2017 at 21:45
  • Reply Nina Bashaw

This has my mouth watering! I can’t eat dairy so I’m going to defiantly try this recipe out since its vegan!

3 July 2017 at 22:13
  • Reply Sarah Bailey

Oh now yes please, this sounds absolutely delicious, I bet it is perfect on a slice of toast.

3 July 2017 at 23:05
  • Reply Shannon Patterson

Wow, I had no idea that there was that much sugar in Nutella! I love the simple ingredient list of homemade Nutella, and the health factor makes it much better!

4 July 2017 at 00:05
  • Reply Jenn JG

My kids love Nutella. I am going to have to try this instead! Looks easy enough for this not so kitchen savvy mama!

4 July 2017 at 02:22
  • Reply sherry

good that I read here because my kids love to eat nutella with bread. Its expensive to buy a bottle nutella here. I wanna try this recipe if have the time.

4 July 2017 at 02:46
  • Reply Heather Johnson

I might be one of the only people in the world who is not super fond of Nutella. Your homemade recipe sounds so much tastier!
    Heather Johnson recently posted…O Is for Oyster Paper Plate CraftMy Profile

4 July 2017 at 03:39
  • Reply Kanani Stone

The recipe is easier than I thought it’d be. From the pic I’dve never guessed there were avocados in it!

4 July 2017 at 09:34
  • Reply The Wordy Mom

How did you know I needed this recipe? Excited to try it. Question – how long can you keep it in the fridge (assuming you don’t eat it all in one sitting)?
    The Wordy Mom recently posted…Teenage sex — 5 things I want my daughter to knowMy Profile

4 July 2017 at 14:17

To be safe I would say 2-3 das 🙂 it’s lovely with pancakes

5 July 2017 at 20:39
  • Reply Samantha Bye

I’ve been trying to eat healthy and I’m dying for chocolate. I think you may have just solved my craving crisis!

4 July 2017 at 15:11
  • Reply Nay

Thanks so much for sharing! I didn’t realise that Nutella was that bad. To be honest, my kids don’t have it much as i hate the smell! But I will definitely have a go at making this one!

4 July 2017 at 20:27
  • Reply RM

Oh my!!! Homemade Nutella that even I can eat!!! ( diabetic) This looks AMAZING !!!

4 July 2017 at 21:14
  • Reply Sandra crespo

Wow I have never seen this recipe before! Thank you so much for sharing I am going to try it even though I am not a big fan of avocado

4 July 2017 at 21:22
  • Reply jhilmil

Hey, this looks simple yet a yummy dish to make out.. Shall try for sure by myself!

5 July 2017 at 01:28
  • Reply Hey Sharonoox

This homemade nutella looks so good. I didn’t know about putting avocado and banana but it sure looks yummy. My daughter is going to love this. Thanks for the recipe!

5 July 2017 at 01:56
  • Reply Ophelia Tang

I love nutella!!!! I want to make this and eat it with everything. Thanks for sharing!
    XOXO //SINCERELY OPHELIA | NYC Petite Fashion Blogger

5 July 2017 at 06:12
  • Reply Jalisa

Thank you for sharing. I’ve never had Nutella but my family eats it on a normal basis. This is a great way to supplement it.

5 July 2017 at 13:25
  • Reply Patricia

My dad used to eat Nutella a lot, and I used to eat it once in a while too. Great tips for healthier Nutella! 🙂 I will bookmark this!

5 July 2017 at 21:08
  • Reply Bailie

Where has this been all my life?! I will definitely be trying this! Thanks for sharing!

5 July 2017 at 21:28
  • Reply Sam

Both my children are dairy free so this is great.

5 July 2017 at 21:30
  • Reply Addison Messer

Pinned. I cannot wait to try this. I have all these ingredients on hand too! I love avacados when they are affordable.

5 July 2017 at 21:34

It’s really nice:) and yeah avocados are so gooood 🙂

6 July 2017 at 20:05
  • Reply Chemady

I have never tried this before. This looks yummy. I gat to try this.

6 July 2017 at 09:25
  • Reply Nina

I am deathly allergic to peanut butter, so I would have to modify that step. Also just a word of advice, if you do make it with peanut butter and serve it to guests in your home, make sure you disclose that. I buy nutella in the store because it is made with hazelnut and that is 100% okay for me. I would hate to be in a situation where I assumed it was like normal nutella and that had to make a trip to the hospital.

6 July 2017 at 11:16
  • Reply Nicole Caudle

WHAT?! I didn’t know you could make nutella at home!! Thank you so much I am certainly keeping this recipe for later.
    Nicole Caudle recently posted…Grokker Review: How Grokker Made In Home Workouts More ConvenientMy Profile

6 July 2017 at 18:57
  • Reply peter @feed your soul too

Looks great and so much better when made at home from scratch.

7 July 2017 at 01:54
  • Reply Needa

I didnt know i can make this at home ! Opening picture is tempeting to me, for trying for my kids. Atleast i know what i am adding with no artifical colors

7 July 2017 at 16:29
  • Reply Wildish Jess

Such a great recipe for those who love nutella. Homemade butters are the best!

9 July 2017 at 05:25
  • Reply Victoria - Lylia Rose

Ooh looks yummy! I tried to make avocado cacao moose once, but with no success! I don’t eat anything with nasty ingredients or refined sugar so I’m always looking for new recipes,thank you 🙂

9 July 2017 at 07:55
  • Reply Oyinkan Ogunleye

I’m probably the only person in America that’s never tried nutella LOL but I’m glad it can made at home. I thought it can only be bought or something lol
    Oyinkan Ogunleye recently posted…Multi Colored Frock | Brunch With FitBoxMy Profile

10 July 2017 at 19:13
  • Reply Megan

I love that you made a healthier version of this because you are spot on about the ingredients! We have a nut allergy in our house so we usually don’t have any on hand.

12 July 2017 at 16:53
  • Reply Lara

This looks brilliant!
    Lara recently posted…Brush Baby – Soft Chewable Toothbrush and Toddler ToothpasteMy Profile

15 July 2017 at 20:09