Why there are a Moms who are really unhappy

Motherhood means unhappy woman?

People are saying that parenthood is a gift but it’s also a really hard job. All Moms here know what I’m talking about. We love our babies from the moon and back but sometimes we would love to send them on…the moon.

How it’s possible that some of us look so unhappy when we should be examples of pure joy. We always dreamed of being Mom and now our dreams come true. So were are those big smiles and joyful faces?

Instead, I can see tired and exhausted Moms. Sometimes when people telling me that I look tired there is only one thing I want to say ‘Are you kidding me? Do you have kids? Do you even know what does it mean?’ When kids don’t sleep Mommy can forget about it as well. When they have a bad day Moms have even worst.

Why are we doing it to ourselves?

Unfortunately, it works like that but sometimes we just pushing ourselves into that deep tiredness. Some of my friends don’t like to ask for help or don’t know how to do that. I know Moms who think that they know everything better and they will do everything better. So don’t be surprised if your husband will not help you with the baby if he had to listen so many times that he is doing it wrong. If you will not admit that you are really tired and need to rest don’t expect that someone will offer you a help.

Fight for your happiness

You don’t need to be unhappy all the time. You can do a lot for yourself to change it in a second.

• Share your homework with other family members
  • Try to exercise more. Regular exercise will make you feel less tired in the long run, and you’ll have more energy
  • Diet is really important. To keep up your energy through the day you need to eat regular meals and healthy snacks every three to four hours
  • Try some relaxing activities. It can be something that you really like: reading books, sending time with friends, listening music etc.
  • Drink less alcohol and drink more water

Fight for yourself! Motherhood doesn’t need to equal with an unhappy and tired woman. You just need to understand that you don’t need to be alone in it. You can ask for help. Do it for yourself, for your baby, for your family. The world will still exist even if you will not make a dinner and order a pizza. The world will not end if you will forget about shopping. Laundry doesn’t need to be done today If you want to take a nap or sit on a couch. Stop saying that you are a Mom and start telling others that you are a happy Mom. Small change big difference.

As always I’m waiting for your hot comments 🙂

• Reply Sarah Bailey

These sound like some great tips for Mum’s, they definitely need to try and look after themselves and practice so self care and of course ask for help from time to time.
    Sarah Bailey recently posted…MyPicture Wall Art: ReviewMy Profile

22 January 2018 at 22:33
  • Reply Joanna Everyday Made Fresh

I totally never took help from many people when my girls were little. Husband yes, my parents yes, my brother’s wife, yes…all others nope.

23 January 2018 at 01:28
  • Reply Cassie S

YES YES YES! always fight for your happiness! These are amazing tips that have proven to work. Exercising and having a good diet alone will change your life. Thanks for sharing these tips!!

23 January 2018 at 01:44
  • Reply Tiffany

These are great tips! It’s especially important to know what makes you happy. If you enjoyed date nights with your spouse prior to baby, make sure you have a planned date night 2-3 times per month. It won’t hurt your little one to stay with a sitter from time to tim!

23 January 2018 at 02:51
  • Reply Tifanee

I agree with these . It it’s so challenging being a mom and if you’re tired, unhappy and feeling like there’s no you time it can make it so much harder. Great tips!

23 January 2018 at 02:56
  • Reply CurlyWhippedTee

I loved this article. I am a mother and sometimes it definitely gets tough! Thanks for the honesty.

23 January 2018 at 04:07
  • Reply Erika Ramona

Mothers go through a lot of things every day. They work hard for love and family, at all cost. We need more happy moms!
    Erika Ramona recently posted…Day 4: Boracay Island, Malay, Aklan – Solo Backpacking Western VisayasMy Profile

23 January 2018 at 06:23
  • Reply Dee Jackson

I appreciate your words. I have watched so many mothers struggle in silence but no more. Thanks for bringing awareness to this issue.

23 January 2018 at 09:44
  • Reply Yocana talaia

Sometimes us as moms forget about ourselves and just focus on the kids. It’s important to remember ourselves and take care of us. Because if you are unhappy how can you look after your family properly

23 January 2018 at 10:13
  • Reply Miljana

Motherhood means living the new life, and being happy if you are smart enough. 🙂 I love your every advice.

23 January 2018 at 11:23
  • Reply LavandaMichelle

It as important during my second and third pregnancy not to be supermom. I turned everywhere for help and i was the best.Self care is so important during pregnancy and motherhood.

23 January 2018 at 11:34
  • Reply Akamatra

I am reading a book about this as we speak. It’s called happy mom’s equals happy babies.

23 January 2018 at 16:42
  • Reply Brittany Giles

I absolutely love this post! Focusing on the mental health of moms is so important and is often misunderstood!

23 January 2018 at 17:53
  • Reply Kelly Hutchinson

I think one of the biggest mistakes I made as a mom was not asking for more help. There is no shame in reaching out when you are overwhelmed.

23 January 2018 at 18:15
  • Reply fashionmommy

This is so true. Moms can’t be happy all the time, and sharing a burden and sharing the load definitely helps.

24 January 2018 at 11:50
  • Reply Hey Sharonoox

This is such a good read. I enjoyed reading and I think as a mom, we don’t need to be a perfect super mom. Just be a mom. Motherhood is not easy but it’s so rewarding!

24 January 2018 at 21:38
  • Reply Suzanne Spiegoski

So important to fight for what you want. Sometimes you shouldn’t compromise.

25 January 2018 at 04:51
  • Reply Valerie

I appreciate your words and honesty! I never wanted to ask for help because it made me feel guilty but I quickly learned i had to! I was beyond burned out and my hubby kept offering help (he usually helps me when he comes home, but im by myself most of the day.) flying my mom here to LA, and i finally accepted. Guilt is something moms constantly deal with because of all this mommy shaming goin around. It needs to stop!

25 January 2018 at 15:57
  • Reply Rachael Burow

I love this! I can really relate to this in so many different ways! Thank you for sharing!

25 January 2018 at 17:27
  • Reply Alissa Ackerman

I’m both excited and terrified at the thought of one day being a mom. It sounds so fulfilling, but also exhausting (as you’ve said!) and requiring of a whole lot of self-discipline.
    I’ve told myself that i need to become better at work/life/family balance and, more than anything, a healthy amount of SELF-CARE before i even think about wanting to start a family.
    If i’m working so hard that i forget to feed myself…There’s no way i’m ready to take care of another person! And it’s so much more than that…
    Healthy, happy, disciplined moms have healthy, happy, disciplined kids.

26 January 2018 at 19:33