Family Family recipes My favourites

Homemade chicken nuggets better than McDonald’s

Gluten free chicken nuggets

Chicken nuggets are a kid’s favorite meal

OK, not only kid’s. Adults love them as well. So, it’s not a big surprise that most of us ordered them in McDonald, at least once in a life. It’s nothing wrong in that but I’m not sure if it’s the best meal for our kids. Especially if they eat it too often. That’s why I prepare healthier and homemade version of the popular McDonald’s Chicken McNuggets. Plus they are gluten-free!

gluten free homemade chicken nuggets

The key is in ingredients

I’m not the freak who just eat only healthy meals. Sometimes I eat pizza ūüėõ Also, my son eats sweets from time to time and it’s not a big issue for me. But I like to know what’s in my food. Very often I read labels to check ingredients. First of all, I need to do it because of my gluten and dairy intolerance. Secondly, I prefer to avoid all those chemicals which we have in our meals nowadays. Natural ingredients are really important to me. Mostly because our son is eating the same things as we do and I want him to be healthy as much as possible.

I believe that most of the people who love original Chicken McNuggets don’t want to know what’s ‘inside’. But for all of you who are curious and want to eat healthier here is a long list:

*All those ingredients are from McDonald’s website.

Chicken Breast Meat (45%), Water, Vegetable Oils (Sunflower, Rapeseed), Maize Flour, Allergen Ingredient:Fortified Wheat Flour (Allergen Ingredient: Wheat Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin), Starches, Allergen Ingredient: Wheat Semolina, Breadcrumb (contains Allergen Ingredient: Wheat), Potassium Chloride, Dried Glucose Syrup, Allergen Ingredient: Wheat Gluten, Raising Agents (Disodium Diphosphate, Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate), Natural Flavouring, Salt, Spices (contains Allergen Ingredient: CELERY), Modified Starch, Dextrose.
Prepared in the restaurants using a non-hydrogenated vegetable oil.

And my short list of natural ingredients which you need for homemade nuggets:

gluten free homemade chicken nuggets

• Chicken breast meat (800g),
  • corn flour (30g),
  • curry (1 tsp),
  • salt (1tsp),
  • gluten-free cornflakes (120g),
  • olive oil (40g),
  • sweet pepper powder (1/2 tsp),
  • black pepper (1/2 tsp)

Remember that’s your choice and you can decide what’s better for you and your family

Let’s check how to prepare those yummy chicken nuggets¬†at home, perfect snacks for everyone.

Preparation:

Preheat the oven to 200 C. Grease a baking tray.

Cut chicken breasts into desired sized cubes.

Put into your blender cornflakes, flour, curry, and 1/2 tsp salt. Blend it all together till you will get a nice coating for your nuggets.

gluten free chicken nuggets

Put olive oil, sweet red pepper, 1/2 tsp salt, and black pepper into a bowl. Mix it and dip all your chicken pieces into that mixture.

gluten free chicken nuggets

Then into cornflakes coating.

Pop in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.

You can serve it with garlic sauce or as you like.

Bon Appetit!

These do look amazing! Nuggets are a favorite in this house, so I’ll have to make these for sure.

19 September 2018 at 13:35
  • Reply Monidipa

I also personally prefer homemade chicken nuggets but my recipe is slightly different from yours. I will try it out too.

19 September 2018 at 17:33
  • Reply Scott Gombar

Any chicken nuggets is better than McDonald’s. These do look tasty though. I will try them especially for my kids who would live off Chicken Nuggets if they could

19 September 2018 at 18:55
  • Reply Kelly

It is so true, Mickey-D’s nuggets are the quick fix, but the health aspect is not too good. I haven’t really made my own, opting other options, but with your recipe I am excited to try a batch this weekend. Plus, my daughter will love to help make them!

19 September 2018 at 20:16
  • Reply Jeff

What a great idea. Half the time nuggets are all my kids want

19 September 2018 at 20:28
  • Reply Peter - FunnelXpert

Home made is always better than anything else. There is a rule, if the food has an ingredient that you cannot pronounce, don’t buy it…

19 September 2018 at 21:38
  • Reply Devyani Ray

My son love chicken nuggets! Will try your recipe

19 September 2018 at 23:25
  • Reply Ashley

Yess!! I love finding healthy recipes like these! I’m super intrigued by the curry add-in. I’m definitely making this recipe.

19 September 2018 at 23:33
  • Reply Evelyn Hernandez

My son is excited about this recipe, I will be trying it this weekend, thanks for sharing.

20 September 2018 at 01:50
  • Reply angie

they recently tore down our McDonalds to build a new one. I am happy I found this as I will be trying with our family the younger generation should love them

20 September 2018 at 02:14
  • Reply andrea

these look great, as someone who is also gluten free and dairy free it is hard to sometimes find alternatives. love chicken nuggets and finding baked ones is great!

20 September 2018 at 02:16
  • Reply lavieenmay

Uh yum!! The photo of those chicken nuggets looks absolutely delicious. I haven’t made homemade chicken nuggets before, but they look super easy. I’ll have to start!

20 September 2018 at 02:48
  • Reply Casey

Chicken nuggets are something my kids love so much. We go to MacDonald a lot for it but I feel the quality has gone down dramatically in the past year. Thanks for your recipe that I’ll now make my own chicken nuggets for them. This an awesome news for my kids… LOL

20 September 2018 at 07:42
  • Reply Maartje

I’m vegan but my host kids love chicken nuggets! Might try to make these for them sometime…

20 September 2018 at 10:36
  • Reply Bashi

i MADE THIS LAST NIGHT AND MY SON LOVED IT SO MUCH NOW HE PREFERS THOS OVER MCDONALD

20 September 2018 at 22:28
  • Reply swathi

I agree with you, this homemade chicken nuggets looks so yum. My kids love macdonalds chicken nuggets, I need to make it for them.

20 September 2018 at 23:13
  • Reply Lavanda Michelle

This is such a great post. These seem like great nuggets, I always op to the McDonald’s pretty close. This seems like a better, healthier, and easier way of getting Chicken Nuggets. Thanks for sharing!

21 September 2018 at 01:04
  • Reply Christine

I don’t know a child who doesn’t love chicken nuggets, but I for one,would love to try this recipe.

21 September 2018 at 05:34
  • Reply Charli Bruce

These sound delicious! I shall definitely be making them with the kids!

24 September 2018 at 16:44
  • Reply Deepnshu Jain

wow this is delicious, i definetly try this recipie thank you for sharing this

27 September 2018 at 11:36
  • Reply Qazi Anas

Amazing, this looks delicious and tasty and I wanna try to make it. Thanks for sharing such amazing post.

29 September 2018 at 12:11
  • Reply Casting Exporters

Great post about the Homemade Chicken Nuggeets, this is very nice and amazing information, thanks for sharing…

4 October 2018 at 10:35