Family My favourites

Non- Toys Christmas Gift Guide for Kids plus discount bonus!

Best Non-Toys Ideas for Christmas Kids presents

Christmas shopping fever

I know it’s hard to believe but it’s already time to start thinking about Christmas gifts for your kids. Don’t be afraid if you don’t even know where to start. We are here to help you to choose those special gifts. It’ can be a big surprise for you but I don’t want to talk about toys. I know what you think ‘kids means toys’. And yes it’s true. And we have thousands of toys at our homes and our kids using maybe 10% of them.

Why we should forget about toys

Toys are lovely, educational and creative (which I really love). But our kids have too many of them. They are everywhere. And when I try to donate toys, give them to my friends who have younger kids than my boy, they come back every birthday and holiday. You can’t get rid of them.

This year We’ve decided to show to my son that he can get something else than toys and he can actually enjoy it. Sometimes it’s really good to stop some routines. We should teach our kids how to appreciate all gift they will get.

Non-Toys Christmas Gifts ideas

I know he can be a little bit disappointed in the beginning but when we will show him how awesome are other gifts he will appreciate it. Especially that there is so many to choose.

Own kitchen tools.  Our son loves to pretend that he is cooking soups for his teddy bears. Also, he really enjoys to ‘help’ me in the kitchen while I prepare a dinner. So, now he will be using his own kitchen tools and I’m pretty sure he will be more than excited.

Kids kitchen tools as perfect non-toys gift

A personalised pillow with a name on it –imagine how fun is to sleep upon the pillow with your name every night. Those from Funky Pigeon are the cutest one! My son adores them.

Personalised cushions for kids from Funky Pigeon

Book with a moral lesson- We love books especially those which can give us a good lesson, we can learn something new, how to behave etc. When you will get that kind of book re-read it with your child and then talk about it. This year I can recommend ‘The adventures of Jenny and Philip. The naughtiest girl in the world’ by Dawn-Maria France. I love this book and my son also enjoys to read it with me. Kids can learn that everyone can change and that parenting love is stronger than anything.

Movies- movie night at home. It’s something that we like to do once in a month (at least). My husband prepares cinema tickets for us and popcorn. I need to say it’s much better than real cinema because we can do breaks whenever we want. This year we will be watching ‘The Grinch‘, ‘The Snowman‘ and ‘Trolls Holiday‘. I need to say that DVD’s are perfect stocking fillers:)

Movies as a perfect non-toys gift ideas for kids

Personalised Santa Sack– I always wanted to have magical Christmas and even more, I wanted it for my son. Personalised Santa sack really helps to make this dream comes true. I can imagine how my son will react to see his gifts in such a lovely sack. I already can’t wait to see it.

Personalised Santa Sack for Christmas presents

Something useful– this year we’ve discovered Klean Kanteen. Klean Kanteen® is a family-owned company on a mission. They introduced the first stainless steel, BPA-free, reusable water bottle in 2004 because they wanted a non-toxic solution to single-use plastic water bottles. Awesome right? But it can be even better because they have a lovely Kid Kanteen range. Their stainless steel kids water bottles and baby bottles are made with safe, BPA-free materials and designed specifically for kids. You can choose a reusable bottle solution for babies, toddlers, little kids and big kids, designed for an easy transition as kids grow up. Choose your kids favourite colour and make their nursery/school lunch more special.

Non-Toys Christmas gift ideas for Kids

Let your imagination fly– We love to be creative with our son. I’m so happy to see how he is discovering everything and how curious he is. We like sensory activities so this Christmas he will be discovering Slime Baff and Gelli Baff. Everything from Zimpli Kids because their products are 100% safe and boron free. Their Gelli Baff and Slime Baff transform water into goo or slime. Can you see already that excitement on your kid’s faces? Also, you can get for them Snoball play which transforms water into 100% realistic snow that you can mould into snowballs!

Fun and sensory activities for kids for Christmas

Peaceful bedtime– Every parent knows how hard is to put kids to sleep. So, Johnson’s prepared Nightly Bedtime routine pack that helps prepare baby for bed and enhances your bond. It includes little book perfect for bathtime, cute bedtime socks and a variety of Johnson and Johnson ‘bedtime’ range products.

Bedtime cosmetics as Christmas non toys gifts

Perfect Gift Set– The Little Rainbows Children’s Gift Box from Halia rose is full of lovely gifts for every unicorn lovers. Inside you will find a lovely Little Rainbow necklace which is made from non-toxic, waterproof & washable silicone so your little one can play outside, dress up and chew it safely! It’a blessing for every teething baby/toddler. Unicorn Apron to keep your little one clean whilst ‘helping’ you in the kitchen:) Wipeable lunch bag to keep tasty snacks in, unicorn notebook for your child’s notes and Pencil & Rubber for creative doodle moments. All those lovely gifts are wrapped in a beautiful box and it’s available on Halia Rose online shop for only £29.99. But we have something special for you. A lovely discount code! With discount code ‘OHMUMMYMIA’ you will get 10% off the entire website!

Perfect Christmas gift box for Kids

I hope you will find here a lot of inspirations. Please, Let me know if you are planning to buy toys for your kids or maybe you will change your mind and this year you will go for non-toy gifts.

• Reply Dee Edwards

I think the idea of non-toy gifts are great, my nephew is always wanting to help when he is with me, so giving him things like his own kitchen kit is a brilliant idea! He will feel like a grown up with his own things that he can bring with him every time he comes to stay with me! Thank you for the great idea

26 November 2018 at 22:05
  • Reply Prerna

These are some amazing picks for Christmas gift ideas for kids. A book with a moral lesson and a pillow with personalised name would be my favorites.

26 November 2018 at 22:56
  • Reply Jess

I agree with you stating how the holidays are not just about gifts or the amount you pay for gifts. These ideas are so cool especially since my family is doing Secret Santa.
    Jess recently posted…“Just Stop Being Sad”My Profile

27 November 2018 at 00:01

I love these ideas! You’re right, kids have enough toys. I would give mine cool blankets and neat things from Etsy sometimes.

27 November 2018 at 01:56
  • Reply Danica

That Santa sack is so adorable, I think my 5 year old would love it as well. I have the same problem in my house with just too many toys. It’s honestly getting a bit outrageous. The worst part is my son is constantly losing pieces all over the house. Drives me nutts! I may have to rethink the Christmas list I send out to every one of mom-approved gifts lol.

27 November 2018 at 02:24
  • Reply Fran Jorgensen

I am finding it so hard to buy for a 10 and 9 year old this year! This is a great post, I will look into these present suggestions!!

27 November 2018 at 02:42
  • Reply Fran O'reily

Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday in the States. Great post!

27 November 2018 at 05:35
  • Reply FoodyFoodie

You really gave me some good ideas of gifts for kids. I especially like the kitchen tools. My kids are going to love it.

27 November 2018 at 08:58
  • Reply Wendy Lemeric

What beautiful gift ideas!!! My son likes to pretend cook too. When he was 2 yo, we bought him the velcro vegetables where one can cut it and just put it back. The kitchen tools set is really pretty. I’d buy that.

27 November 2018 at 09:18
  • Reply Carli

Can I get an amen on this post?!?! I hate having so many toys for my daughter. I have been begging for people to not buy her toys this Christmas. These are some great ideas of what I can tell them to get her. I love the idea of the stove and cooking. She loves to help Mommy, and this would be a great way to teach her about the kitchen.

27 November 2018 at 10:14
  • Reply Alvern

I really like the own kitchen tools set. It is that time of year when adults are racking their brains to buy gifts for the kids. I always lean towards useful gifts rather than those that last a week.

27 November 2018 at 11:26
  • Reply Joan

These are great, my son has too many toys so the personalised pillow is so adorable and a right fit.

27 November 2018 at 14:40
  • Reply Keshia Richmond

There can never be too many gift ideas. You are destined to find something you didn’t think of that really brings joy to the giver and receiver

27 November 2018 at 15:40
  • Reply soonjoo

What a great selection you have. It’s really special to give a gift to kids that are non-toys. I really like the kitchen tools!

27 November 2018 at 16:09
  • Reply Traci Frett

All great ideas!! I was just speaking to my husband about a week ago and we agreed that we were only going to get our kids a few toys each – especially because everyone else will be buying them toys as well. It’s so much more fun to shop for items that aren’t toys!

27 November 2018 at 18:50
  • Reply Latte Lindsay

These are great ideas. My kids get too many toys every year and it gets annoying that people buy them toys for the sake of it.

27 November 2018 at 19:23
  • Reply Natalia

I think it’s a really great idea to organize non-toys Christmas and to think of some other gift possibilities instead. I think everything you proposed here would make our dear kids happy. 🙂
    Natalia recently posted…The weekly interview: Basia JanygaMy Profile

27 November 2018 at 20:29
  • Reply Esther

Thanks for all the ideas. I was kind of lost this year. Some of them are very good presents.

28 November 2018 at 04:52
  • Reply Gladys Nava

Oh my! These are really great for the kids. I love this kind of idea. Super cute!

28 November 2018 at 05:46
  • Reply Tiffany

I love the idea of a toy-less Christmas, we started to get the kiddos more experiences rather than toys. I love the movie night idea!

28 November 2018 at 07:01
  • Reply Avinash

A personalized pillow and Santa sack is something I could take in the notice to gift to my kids. It is difficult to understand kid’s wishes, but you did that. Thanks, OHMUMMYMIA for such a wondrous post.

29 November 2018 at 06:19
  • Reply Sandra

These are great gift ideas for my nephews! They’re actually practical gifts to be given… I like the perfect gift set the most!

29 November 2018 at 15:31