Family My favourites

My top 5 Christmas Adverts

Favourite Christmas Adverts

Christmas time is that special time of year

Why Christmas is so special? I think during that tme everything seems to be better. Food is better, relations with family members are much better. Maybe not everyone can relate burt for me even music and movies are better. But there is one more special thing during Christmas: Adverts. Adverts are powerful things they make us laugh and cry. During festive season heartwarming Christmas adverts are almost same important as crackers and turkey.

What I can say We love to watch them. Obiously our wallets are not so excited but not every Christmas adverts is related to spending money and buying expensive presents. There are adverts that teaching us that there is something more important than material things.  I want to share with you my favourite 5 Christmas Adverts that are trully unforgetable.

1.Mog’s Christmas Calamity. Sainsburry’s

I love that advert. It’s funny and hartwarming. When you watch the video it will restore your faith in humanity. This advert is showing that people can gather and do a big things. They can share everything what they have to make Christmas time more special.Plus how not to love that lovel littl cat. He is so sweet and I was devasted when I saw his sad face. And of course I love that happy ending.

2. 1914. Christmas is for sharing. Sainsburry’s

Did I already say that I love Sainsburry’s Christmas adverts? They are so powerful…This one is showing that Christmas is more important than anything even war. I was really touched when I sw this video first time. It’s worth to know that advert was made in partnership with The Royal British Legion. It commemorates the extraordinary events of Christmas Day, 1914, when the guns fell silent and two armies met in no-man’s land, sharing gifts – and even playing football together.

3. John Lewis & Partners- Some gifts are more than just a gift.

In this video you can see Elton John playing the piano at various points in his career. The most touching moment for me in this advert was when a young Elton is thrilled when he unwraps a piano on Christmas morning. Maybe because I have a little boy in simillar age and Iimagined him being so happy during unwrapping his presents. I even had a goosebumps. What I can say I’m a boy mom 😛 I know that some people tweet their disappointment about the advert but I relate to one person who said “I don’t care what anyone says, I love #EltonJohnLewis and nobody is gonna stop me. You go Elton! I’m not crying, you’re crying!”

4. What are you looking for Christmas? Allegro

So, Allegro is a polish version of ebay. You can buy there almost everything.  They have a great Christmas adverts. I choose two which are really touching and everyone should watch them to make Christmas time even better. There are english subtitles so don’t worry.

First video is quite funny. We can see a old man who is trying to learn english so he bought a dictionary and his house is full of tellow memo sticks. After a while we can see the same man on airport. He is taking a flight to see his granddoughet for the first time. His son is living in England with his english wife. That’s why he learnd englis. He wanted to say to his granddoughet that he is her granddad. For me it’s really sweet and touching. It’s showing u that the best presents are not material.

5. Share the most precious thing you have. Allegro

It’s about a boy who loved to pretend he is an Indian so, his parents bought for him a real indian outfit. He like especially one of the thing he believes it’s his talisman and it brings him luck. When you watching it you can see from time to time a homeless man who helped a boy once when he was in danger but he didn’t relisehe got a help from a man he thought that was his talisman.  On the end the boy and his dad went to buy a christmas tree and they spot the homeless man. Boy’s father gave a money to a homeless man and when a boy saw it he took of the talisman and give it to the man. It’s a good lesson for us parents that we are a rome models for our kids. And Christmas making us a better people.

Do you have your favourite Christmas advert?  What do you think about my top five? Do you like my favourites?

I hadn’t seen some of these ads before. How sweet! The US has some nice ones too that make me tear up.

17 December 2018 at 02:08
  • Reply Scott Gombar

I have never seen any of these. Clever ads for sure. I honestly cannot recall any Christmas ads other than the stores this year.

17 December 2018 at 02:24
  • Reply Samantha Immer

I love Christmas advertisements!! They maker me so happy. Its like watching a mini holiday movie. Although a lot of the times I’m a total sucker and want to buy the product just because of the holiday marketing. I hadn’t seen these before though- thanks for sharing!

17 December 2018 at 03:03
  • Reply Flyingkids

Christmas is indeed, the most wonderful time of the year, even for ads. This is such a fun share! These ads are really nice!
    Flyingkids recently posted…Coloring Pack – Kids’ Activity Books Europe and USA + Leonardo’s BackpackMy Profile

17 December 2018 at 07:58
  • Reply Nabanita Dhar

I haven’t seen these ads before. But I can say one thing that I love this time of the year. Something about it that makes me feel happy and free. Will check out these ads you shared.
    Nabanita Dhar recently posted…Why Don’t We Listen To Women When They Talk About Abuse?My Profile

17 December 2018 at 09:28
  • Reply Nabanita Dhar

I haven’t see these ads but will check them out surely. I love this time of the year. There’s just something so jolly about it.

17 December 2018 at 10:16
  • Reply Alvern

The John Lewis ads are always quite good every year. The one from Allegro is so special. The little girl is so sweet. It is good to see grandpa making the effort to learn English.

17 December 2018 at 12:11
  • Reply Tara Pittman

The Elton John one is one I would like to watch. My older sister was big into Elton John so I remember his music.

17 December 2018 at 18:53
  • Reply Devyani Ray

I love anything and everything to do with christmas. The advertisements are so heart warming. Love the last one!

17 December 2018 at 23:51
  • Reply Blair villanueva

These are lovely and funny adverts, and first time I saw them all, thanks for your diligent compilation. I wonder why these doesn’t reached us online.

18 December 2018 at 00:27
  • Reply Supermompicks

Christmas ads are as fun as Super Bowl ads in the US! They are just apart of the Christmas fun that is all around us.

18 December 2018 at 02:51
  • Reply Summer Mitch Ryan

Coke has always made remarkable Christmas adverts since I started watching TV. They are simple good at it.

18 December 2018 at 03:28
  • Reply Heather

I love the holiday commercials. Especially the ones that make me tear up. Those are my fave.

18 December 2018 at 14:54
  • Reply Keshia Richmond

Interesting article about the authors favorite advertising for an occasion. Great roundup of ads that readers can appreciate.

18 December 2018 at 22:17
  • Reply Kay

I love everything about the holidays. Everything does seem better. I haven’t seen any of the videos you have here before.

18 December 2018 at 22:37
  • Reply Katie

I love all of these but my absolute favorite is the Elton John/ John Lewis one. It gets me every time.

19 December 2018 at 01:40
  • Reply Becca Wilson

Christmas advertisements definitely pull at your heart strings a lot. These are some really great picks.

19 December 2018 at 02:43
  • Reply Suzanne

I love the Elton John one – but these are all very cute! Christmas does have a tendency to play mind tricks on people though… unfortunately, it’s not a happy time for many people.

21 December 2018 at 22:39