Do you remember when you were a kid and your parents use phrases which supposed to make you behave better? I always thought I will never be like that. But I think I’m even worst because my parents used to say just a few phrases like ‘as long as you live in this house…’ or ‘don’t make me come in there’.
And I? I have shit loads of catchy phrases. And I’m sure most of you use them as well. So, let’ check my three favorites!
- I’m going to count to three. My son is 3.5 and it really works! So I will use it till his 18th birthday. Seriously I don’t remember if I ever count to three because when I start counting he is doing everything that I asked him for.
- Money doesn’t grow on trees. Unfortunately. My son very often asks me why we need to go to work so that’s my answer plus I explain to him that we need to go and earn money for his toys and clothes. When he hears toys he is the first one who waving when I leave a house.
- It’s only for grownups– I need to admit that sometimes I lye and say to my son that I can’t buy him something because it’s only for grownups and he understands that:P
Now I will share with you all the phrases that I’ve heard from parents (not just my parents) when I was a kid:
- Don’t look at me with those eyes
- I’m not your charwoman
- Wait till Mom/Dad will come back from work
- When I was in your age
- I don’t care who first starts it
- How many times I can repeat myself
- Because I said so
- You will understand when you will have your own kids
- One day you will thank me
- You are older so you need to that smart one
- If you will not clean it I will put everything to the bin
- It’s a house, not your hotel
- You are not everyone
- Are your legs/hands broken
- Talking to you is like talking to a wall
- When you have kids, I hope they’re just like you
- If all of your friends jumped off a bridge, would you?
I really can imagine myself saying all those parenting phrases. My son is still too young for some of them but it’s only a matter of time.
P.S 1 I think I use more phrases than I thought
P.S 2 OMG I sound like my Mom
P.S 3 ‘Because I said so is the first phrase in my ‘Mommy dictionary’
How about you? Do you have some more phrases do share?