Lifestyle

Why I became a Vegetarian

Being vegetarian is so good

I decided to make a change in my life and cut out meat. It’s over three months when I’m on my vegetarian diet. I feel quite good and I can’t say I miss the meat. There are so many alternatives for it that I didn’t realise until I start my vegetarian journey. Why did I decide to do that?

Lately, I didn’t feel healthy. I had a headache all the time and feel tired and exhausted. So I knew I need t change something. I decided to focus on my diet. Which wasn’t so bad in my opinion because I always tried to eat healthily. After some research, I thought I will try a vegetarian diet. I knew it shouldn’t be a big problem for me because meat never been on a first-place on my plate. Mostly I tried chicken breasts. The rest could not exist for me.

I only needed some recipes to make my meals more varied. Now I eat more fruits and vegetables, sandwiches with avocado pasta or hummus. To be honest I didn’t know that veggie pasta can be so nice and delicious. Before I thought hummus will be not eatable for me but it’s a hit! Especially one made from the red pepper.

What are the health benefits of a  vegetarian diet?

• Decreases asthma symptoms
  • Promotes bone health
  • Reduces cancer risk
  • Good for heart health
  • Prevents type 2 diabetes

All those benefits are very important for me especially the first one because I struggle with my asthma. I really looking forward to seeing how a vegetarian diet will affect my health. I hope to see some really good results. I will definitely take some blood tests after a few months and will let you know if something will change for the better.

But the diet is not the only thing I wanted to change. I also decided to use cosmetics which are cruelty-free and definitely not tested on animals. I feel so much better with that and I know I do something which is good for our environment.

I will be definitely sharing with you my new vegetarian/vegan recipes and cruelty-free cosmetics that work for me.

Why I became a Vegetarian

• Reply Stephanie

I’ve started to decrease my meat intake. I honestly wish I could go full vego but every time I try it triggers my autoimmune disorder. So I figure I’ll just keep slowly decreasing and maybe one day I’ll get there
    Stephanie recently posted…13 Misconceptions Australians Hold About the USMy Profile

5 March 2020 at 23:44
  • Reply Holidiaries

This is fantastic…the headline of the post caught my attention. We recently turned vegan…being off meat is not just good for the poor animals but also our health as well.

6 March 2020 at 05:54
  • Reply Cristina Petrini

They are personal choices. I also wishing I could not have seen that I have a clinical condition for which most plants are toxic to me xD

6 March 2020 at 08:42
  • Reply Jessica Collazo

I respect people that decide to make healthy choices I’m I’m not into vegetarianism but is great that you are

6 March 2020 at 17:42
  • Reply Tara Pittman

I so agree with the health benefits. I went vegetarian as I hated all the hormones and antibiotics that were in meat.

6 March 2020 at 19:55
  • Reply Mary

This is one journey a lot of people are scared to go on,but reading this post has made me realise that it’s not that scary afterall. Thank you for sharing your story.

6 March 2020 at 20:17
  • Reply Krysten Quiles

I think you need to pick whatever path works best for you, and it sounds like you did exactly that. Thanks so much for sharing this with all of us!

7 March 2020 at 00:49
  • Reply Monica

I don’t know if I’ll ever be completely vegetarian, but I am ready to cut back on meat. Infact, today I have eaten no meat!

7 March 2020 at 01:23
  • Reply Marie Phillips

Good for you for evaluating your health and making some positive moves that work well for you!
    Marie Phillips recently posted…How Do Teachers Get and Stay Fit? Inspiring Ideas for Every TeacherMy Profile

7 March 2020 at 12:55
  • Reply Britt K

Congratulations on your shift thus far! There are so many great meat alternatives that you can use in the event you do find yourself craving something that is typically made with meat. I’ve been a vegetarian for a few years now and I would never go back 🙂

7 March 2020 at 13:23
  • Reply Shruti

These are some motivating pointers to inspire someone to became a vegetarian.

7 March 2020 at 14:42
  • Reply Aleks

I used to be vegetarian. I am kind of missing it currently, so I decided to decrease the meat intake!

7 March 2020 at 21:42
  • Reply Farrah

My step-mom went vegan & has been quite happy with her results! She did it for similar reasons.

7 March 2020 at 22:35
  • Reply Cindy Ingalls

I can do vegetarian much easier than vegan. It’s too hard for me to give up dairy though I do have friends that are vegan. Recipes are always welcome!
    Cindy Ingalls recently posted…The Beauty Spotlight Team!My Profile