The weather is not going to be better. That’s the fact. Unfortunately. So, if you have some spare holiday to book it’s the perfect time to visit Egypt. For example, tomorrow in Hurghada will be 29 °C. I would love to swap my jacket for a bikini.
We were in Egypt before we’ve started to try for our son and now when he is 18 months old he could be ready for such long trip. Why are we thinking about Hurghada? We have a couple of reasons:
- Stunning coral reefs and turquoise waters perfect for windsurfing have made Hurghada, on Egypt’s Red Sea Coast, a busy resort town. Not surprisingly, Hurghada is Egypt’s second most popular (but much less crowded than Sharm el-Sheikh) place to scuba dive, rated by CNN as one of the top 50 worldwide. And you can high five with a turtle!
- Snorkeling- mostly in Hurghada the water is crystal clear. The coral reefs are full of groups of fish. It’s a home to over 1,400 endemic species of marine life!
- Weather- be sure you will take your sun protector! because it’s hot there! And I mean really hot. Egypt has steady temperatures of 30 degrees or more…during winter.
- Shopping– There are many traditional markets from where you can shop exotic stuff and take home some souvenirs and they can be really cheap. But be careful most of Burberry scarfs Louis Vuitton bags are fake. Better to invest in spices or oils.
- Holidays in a budget- Hurgharda becoming more popular nowadays so you have a lot of cheap hotels available. You can go to ‘Holiday Gems Hurghada holiday deals check the best ones in a budget.
Also being in Hurghada is giving you a possibility to visit El Daha, the Old Town of Hurghada. El Daha features narrow streets, a traditional bazaar and a Mosque. And don’t forget that you can go to Cairo or Luxor and visit places where history begins.
Let me know if you have been in Hurghada and what’s your thoughts about that resort.
Disclosure: This is a collaborative post